Talk

Advanced search

5mo stopped sleeping!!

(6 Posts)
BR1007 Sat 02-Dec-17 14:01:29

Hi guys smile
My son is 5 months old and from 3 months he has slept 6-7 hours a night solid (which has been amazing!)
For some reason, over the past week he has totally stopped sleeping on a night. He will go to bed and fall asleep at his bedtime, then in the space of a couple of hours i will be up and down the stairs trillions of times because he is waking up upset. I will feed him before i go to sleep and i literally dont get the chance to fall asleep properly all night because he is just constantly moaning/crying/thrashing around in his bed. (He has a cot beside our bed)
I have tried co sleeping when the hubby is working a night shift, no change at all. He doesn't seem to be in pain with anything, he just seems so fussy. I have no idea what i can do and im starting to feel unwell with the lack of sleep. Any tips are hugely appreciated 😀
Xx

FATEdestiny Sat 02-Dec-17 19:23:34

How do you get home to join to sleep at bedtime ancient nap times?

Is he bottle or breastfed?

FATEdestiny Sat 02-Dec-17 19:25:07

Sorry. My autocorrect on my new phone is RUBBISH. I'll try again.

How do you get him to sleep at bedtime and nap times? Is he bottle of breastfed?

BR1007 Sat 02-Dec-17 21:47:55

He is bottle fed! He is usually good at going to sleep at night after a cuddle and a little rock, once his eyes start drifting i put him down and he falls asleep usually straight away, same with nap times during the day.
At the moment they both seem to be lacking and hes really not sleeping good at all sad

crazycatlady5 Sat 02-Dec-17 23:13:31

Sounds like the late 4 month sleep regression has reared it’s head. We had ours at 5 months too.

FATEdestiny Mon 04-Dec-17 18:12:52

Have you tried settling baby to sleep in the cot with a dummy?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: