Talk

Advanced search

Next to me crib

(4 Posts)
ethelfleda Fri 01-Dec-17 18:50:41

DS is one month old. He has been sleeping in a Moses basket next to our bed since birth. Each night waking up for feeds and then happily settling back down to sleep in his basket.
We bought him a next to me crib a couple of days ago. I really like the design of it for easy bf at night time but he won't seem to settle in it. Plus the mattress is really hard! Did anyone else find this??
Also - he is going through a growth spurt at the moment so that may be why he wont sleep in the crib as he is much more fussy than usual. Was a really chilled out baby until a couple of days ago!! Just hope we haven't spent £150 on something he doesn't like!!
Thank you

glasshalfsomething Fri 01-Dec-17 20:27:29

We have one, but my DD is still in a sleepyhead within the NTM. Agreed the mattress does feel quite hard.

What made you decide to switch from the Moses! Won't that do until they go into their own room?

mummy2pickle Fri 01-Dec-17 20:31:10

We bought a next to me and used it from birth as my ds was very large and long at birth (10lb7). I found the mattress really hard so used towels and blankets underneath to cushion it slightly. Also I used rolled up blankets down either side so they were touching him for a while this seemed to work. Can always roll up a blanket into a half circle and put it around the bum and legs on top. This gives a sense of security.

BR1007 Sat 02-Dec-17 14:07:24

We have a next to me for our son who is 5m. He has been in it since he was a few weeks old and he seems to like it. I have padded it out with a thick blanket under him as i agree the matress is so hard! And also put blankets around him so he feels nice and safe, good luck! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now