Talk

Advanced search

1 month old suddenly not sleeping but screaming

(11 Posts)
OnNaturesCourse Fri 01-Dec-17 07:55:28

DD has always been a good sleeper. Down at 8pm then quick feed and change at 11pm, 2am and 5am roughly. The past three nights however have been increasingly worse, talking half hour to hour cat naps and waking up screaming the place down. She sounds like she is in pain most of the time.

She is having more awake time during the day as she gets a little bigger, but still sleeps most of the time... But even her day sleeping is unsettled right now (almost like tossing and turning...always kind of awake)

When she's in full scream mode she thrashes herself about, really kicking her legs and turning her head etc.

We had her at the GP a few days ago as she went three days with no dirty nappies and a decreased feed volume but we were kind of brushed off as paranoid first time parents. Told as long as she had wet nappies, was taking her normal amount of milk within 50% either way and was trying to poop that she was OK. She eventually did go and it was a mini explosion. Now she poops roughly every 1-2 days, it's soft but tiny... I'd say less than the size of two 50 pences.

We are quickly reaching the end of energy supplies and need some help working out how to settle her and/or if something is wrong.

I'm also suffering with a UTI and possible post birth infection so I've literally nothing left to give and DP is the same as he is back at work. Help?!

LapinR0se Fri 01-Dec-17 09:14:47

Is she bottle fed?

OnNaturesCourse Fri 01-Dec-17 10:20:45

Yes, she is.

mummmyj Fri 01-Dec-17 10:25:56

That sounds like constipation Hun 😞 lie LO on changing Mat and massage tummy and cycle legs up to tummy and press down with LO legs also try giving cool boiled water between feeds as this helps loosen bowels hope this helps!! If not go back to GP they can give you medication for chronic constipation

LapinR0se Fri 01-Dec-17 10:32:38

Does she have any symptoms of intolerance such as rash or mucus in the poo?
It sounds like intolerance, constipation or reflux/silent reflux to me

OnNaturesCourse Fri 01-Dec-17 10:48:18

We've tried the cooled boiled water, tummy massage, warm baths, leg cycling and simulation of the muscles (anus) and we still only get the smallest amount. The GP is not interested as when it does happen it's soft. 😡 Plus she is passing loud gas so "she's not blocked". (She is hard to burp however..)

The only place she sleeps soundly is on our chests if we are reclined back. But I'm paranoid we will fall asleep with her like that if we do it at night as we are both that tired.

She constantly has milk bubbles around her lips, and spits up a little but never a vomit or anything. She vomited (everywhere) the first two days of her life but this was calmed by a weeks use of infracol.

OnNaturesCourse Fri 01-Dec-17 10:49:00

No rash.
Poop is still that soft, seedy yellow way but no mucus that I can see.

FATEdestiny Fri 01-Dec-17 12:30:34

What's her feeding like? How many mottled per 24 hours, how much per bottle us made and how much usually drank?

FATEdestiny Fri 01-Dec-17 12:30:46

Bottles*

OnNaturesCourse Fri 01-Dec-17 12:38:54

She's taking roughly 8 bottles a day and on a day where she is settled she takes between 3.5 - 5oz

OnNaturesCourse Fri 01-Dec-17 12:40:47

On a day like today it's a struggle to get her to take 2oz each time, and if by some miracle we get her to sleep on these days she would sleep right through feed times if we let her (we don't let her go longer than 4 hours during the day)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: