Talk

Advanced search

My 2yr old won't settle for bed and still wakes up at night

(9 Posts)
Linda92 Sun 26-Nov-17 20:08:00

Hey, I was really hoping to get some advice. My two year old son still doesn't settle at bed times, i have cut out his naps in the day unless he falls asleep if he needs to, we did this because he was still waking up multiple times in the night. Even after doing this he is still waking up in the night or very early in general, another problem I have is actually getting him to sleep when I put him to bed at bed time as he refuses, plays or just carries on being a monkey. Bed time has become very stressful for me I really want to fix this so it can be a lot easier for us. Thank you for any advice in advance x

FATEdestiny Sun 26-Nov-17 22:04:59

What happens at bedtime to get him to sleep?

What is he like, behaviour wise, in the daytime? In terms if doing as he's told, following instructions quickly, responding to reward and praise.

What happens when he wakes in the night?

Do journey have other children you factor into your bedtime routines?

FATEdestiny Sun 26-Nov-17 22:05:51

Do you* have other children....

Linda92 Mon 27-Nov-17 17:27:49

We usually sit down for a bit after he plays with his toys and then he goes straight up to bed at half seven, usually I get his m a drink to take up and he has his favourite pillow that he likes to sleep on, them I'm usually waiting in the landing to try and get him to sleep,
He is a very active child he likes to play with everything he can get hold of lol he responds well when asked to do things but some times he can ignore us and say no but when he is behaving g he responds really well he is generally a good boy most of the day.
When e wakes up in the night j usually tuck him back in bed with a kiss and cuddle and sit there until he sleeps, I have one other child who goes to bed half an hour after him but some tunes bee time takes so long that the ends up coming up after I've been up for ages xx

FATEdestiny Mon 27-Nov-17 17:40:08

Is he in a bed or cot?

Does he stay in the bed/cot?

Linda92 Mon 27-Nov-17 17:57:21

He's In a bunk bed with his brother (he has bottom bunk) he gets out of bed all the time or plays on it lol

Linda92 Tue 13-Mar-18 20:05:15

Sadly this is still happening, I'm stuck In the room with him if I leave he goes and plays with toys or comes down. It's like he is refusing on purpose I really don't like bed time sad x

crazycatlady5 Wed 14-Mar-18 19:31:19

Have you tried going with the flow and waiting until he’s really tired? You could do that for a while and then just slowly start bringing bedtime earlier.

TeachesOfPeaches Wed 14-Mar-18 19:35:49

Have you tried giving him a warm bath in the evening to make him a bit drowsy? My 2 year old likes to watch In the Nightgarden and takes himself to bed at the end when the characters go to bed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: