Talk

Advanced search

How to make baby sleep longer

(5 Posts)
bathghter Mon 13-Nov-17 21:59:03

My son is nearly 7mo. he is fed to sleep, will not take a dummy and wakes up somewhere between every 20 - 90 mins 😞 he used to only wake up once or twice a night until the 4mo regression. how can I help him to sleep longer? weaning is new but going well but doesn’t seem to have made any difference as he clearly just wants to hug the booby. we’ve just made his cot into a sidecar in our room and his room is now going to grandly be referred to as the playroom 😞

bathghter Mon 13-Nov-17 22:00:33

I can get him back to sleep by singing bouncing but I need to be very as in 40min + persistent and in the middle of the night sorry I’m knackered and just not so i give in and feed him 😞

crazycatlady5 Mon 13-Nov-17 22:18:38

so i give in and feed him - it’s not giving in, it’s normal! Breastfed babies go through loads of leaps and growth spurts in the first year, they’re always around the same age and people, including myself, worry that it’ll last forever. Truth is he’ll start sleeping longer stretches - for now I’d suggest cosleeping to get the most rest. My 9 month old has done a few 4-5 hour stretches the past week after 2 weeks of relentless hourly wake ups.

Hang in there x

bathghter Mon 13-Nov-17 22:26:23

thanks @crazycatlady5 it’s nice to hear. hopefully his cot being sidecarred is going to help us all get a better nights sleep. everyone wants to tell about how their baby was sleeping through the night at 10 weeks and O just wonder where the hell in going wrong as it’s certainly not that i want to stop feeding him or think it’s reasonable to do so. is getting silly though as he’s now sitting downstairs in front of the fire with daddy so i could have 20 mins without screaming because he’s stirred without a boob in his mouth to have a bath!!

crazycatlady5 Mon 13-Nov-17 22:33:51

I don’t know these unicorn babies who all sleep through the night at 10 weeks old grin honestly in the last year of my maternity I’ve met various mums and ONE has a baby that slept through at a newborn age. Another baby has just started sleeping through and she is 15 months old. They all get there, you’re not doing anything wrong by responding to your baby flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now