Talk

Advanced search

Help me through the 4m regression!

(8 Posts)
RoryItsSnowing Sun 12-Nov-17 06:38:44

My LO previously slept from 6.30pm - 2.00am, wake up for a feed and then go back down from 2.30-6.30am. They're 4.5 months.

For the past week and a half they've started waking up screaming every hour until the feed and then every 20-30 minutes from going back down. It takes between 1 and 15 minutes of calming them down and back to sleep.

At bedtime they're put down awake, patted and the light turned off so not fed or rocked totally to sleep.

Is this the 4m regression? Is there ANYTHING I can do to get them back on track? I'm going out of my mind...

PotteringAlong Sun 12-Nov-17 06:44:13

The 4 month sleep regression is when sleep
Stops just passively happening to babies and they actively start having to sleep. In my experience (3 babies) you just have to ride it out. And be prepared that this might be the new normal and it won't change back...

PotteringAlong Sun 12-Nov-17 06:45:12

If they're waking up every hour before 2am have you tried just feeding them? They might be hungry...

whataconundrum Sun 12-Nov-17 06:53:38

All you can do is ride it out unfortunately. It does get better!

crazycatlady5 Sun 12-Nov-17 11:31:27

Feed feed feed and ride it out x

FATEdestiny Sun 12-Nov-17 13:55:20

waking up screaming every hour until the feed..

Responsive feeding would mean feeding as soon as you realised baby was hungry. These wakes are due to hunger, why are you waiting and delaying the feed?

Feeding more in the day time will reduce the need for frequent night feeds.

RoryItsSnowing Sun 12-Nov-17 16:20:29

They're not hungry... will suckle for a minute but not feed properly until around 2ish- which is in line with when they were waking up a few weeks ago when they slept solidly from bedtime until 2am.
Then after that no real feeding until 7am ish.

crazycatlady5 Sun 12-Nov-17 20:02:07

They're not hungry... will suckle for a minute but not feed properly until around 2ish

I thing you’d be surprised and realistically if you just feed the time will go quicker!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now