Talk

Advanced search

Cot bedside sleeper - what did you do?

(3 Posts)
Callamia Tue 07-Nov-17 15:39:22

I have a 3.5m old who I tend to co-sleep with, but I do have a bednest next to where he sleeps, so he sometimes sleeps in there.

He won’t fit in there forever, so I’m wondering what others have done about making a cot work as a sidecar type thing? I didn’t do this with my first, just had a cot next to the bed - but I’m sure there’s a better way to manage the shift.

crazycatlady5 Tue 07-Nov-17 16:18:39

I have my cot against the wall, side off (ensuring it is safely together, won’t fall apart and whatnot!) then our bed next to it. There is a slight gap so I’ve put some foam in the middle and it’s now basically part of the same mattress. You could also use a pool noodle but this is way more comfy.

FATEdestiny Tue 07-Nov-17 16:57:25

what others have done about making a cot work as a sidecar type thing?

Put the cot mattress on the highest setting, take one side off the cot. Literally just undo the screws and take it off.

Then you need to account for the fact that cot and bed may jiggle away from each other. So you could wedge them together - pushing bed up to cot and cot up to wall. Or fasten them together with bungie cords around legs, or zip ties, or rope. Or you can buy mattress connectors from amazon quite cheaply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now