Talk

Advanced search

Husbands snoring wakes newborn!!

(14 Posts)
Sugarbug17 Sun 05-Nov-17 01:00:35

Anybody else have this problem?

Our 3 week old daughter sleeps in a Snuzpod attached to our bed... we live in a small 2 bed house

My husband has always snored... it’s like sleeping next to a respiratory machine from a hospital... so much so it wakes the baby!

When the baby wakes up for night feeds (Breastfeeding).... they fall back into a light sleep - but my husband snores his head off during this period and as a result baby is woken from milk sleep/light sleep and wants to go back on the boob staying awake and it’s a vicious cycle!

She wants to stay in my arms until in a deep sleep... but it’s hard to get her into a deep sleep as she is woken up during her light sleep my his snoring!

What can I do?

I wake him and he gets extra grumpy and angry at me saying there is nothing he can do about snoring confused it’s relentless

MyKingdomForBrie Sun 05-Nov-17 01:03:47

He will just have to sleep in another room, no other option.

VimFuego101 Sun 05-Nov-17 01:29:33

He needs to sleep elsewhere. Has he been tested for sleep apnoea?

CaretakerToNuns Sun 05-Nov-17 01:57:15

Make him sleep on the sofa.

AfterSchoolWorry Sun 05-Nov-17 02:32:51

Put him out of the room.

Jellybabie3 Sun 05-Nov-17 04:11:28

Geez no way i could cope with that. Dh snores and i wear ear plugs as a result but not to the extent it keeps ds awake. Tbh if he wont DO something aka nose strips or see a doc then he has to move for all your sanity

midsummabreak Sun 05-Nov-17 04:19:37

Video him snoring. Play it back with baby shown being woken. Either he watches the video and agrees to see Gp pronto or you are forced to rethink sleeping together. In the meantime if he is thinking of his snoring impacting baby and your feed- sleep routinue and your bloody sanity, he thoughtfully sleeps elsewhere....,

crazycatlady5 Sun 05-Nov-17 08:30:14

Can you play white noise? I wore earplugs for 15 years and was so used to it that when baby was born I couldn’t handle all the little house noises and birds etc but didn’t want to wear earplugs with baby there. Plus DH snores but only occasionally. I play rain white noise all night (an app called sound sleeper) and we ALL sleep better including baby!

teaandbiscuitsforme Sun 05-Nov-17 09:01:47

Firstly - DH had to go in the other room. No question about that one.

Secondly - Have you tried feeding lying down? Because then when she’s feeding, you can at least be resting and you can slide her into the cosleeper when she’s finished.

dementedpixie Sun 05-Nov-17 09:04:34

He needs to see a GP as there may be things he can do you help. My dh lost a bit if weight and had surgery on his nose! I used to wear ear plugs but don't have to any more. He still snores sometimes but mainly if he's had a drink or is lying on his back

Lemondrop99 Sun 05-Nov-17 09:52:35

I've kicked DH into the spare room for now as his snoring makes me want to murder him during night feeds

Mustang27 Sun 05-Nov-17 10:14:26

Erm of course he can be needs to get himself to the drs to get it checked. Had he tried all the over counter remedies?

FATEdestiny Sun 05-Nov-17 11:41:30

It's possible that it's not the snoring waking baby. Putting a newborn down into a cot/crib and then stirring awake with in minutes is common newborn behaviour.

BellyBean Sun 05-Nov-17 14:16:30

DH is in the spare room for the same reason. DD would stir, DH would stir, DD would wake, DH would fall back to sleep and start snoring, DD would struggle to fall back asleep. And repeat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now