Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

White noise sleep aids

(20 Posts)
mustbemad17 Thu 02-Nov-17 20:25:25

Just wondering if anybody had a sleep aid they could recommend? We used Ewan the Dream Sheep with my daughter but had a lot of issues with him breaking. Looking for a reliable alternative that we can use from birth with the new baby

FATEdestiny Thu 02-Nov-17 20:33:55

The dummy is the best sleep aid.

It's not white nouse though. For white noise I use a desk fan next to the bed/cot

Believeitornot Thu 02-Nov-17 20:34:54

We had an app on our phone and downloaded stuff onto our iPod.

HumphreyCobblers Thu 02-Nov-17 20:36:31

I used a white noise cd with the player under the bed. It worked brilliantly with DS1

penny14 Thu 02-Nov-17 20:38:48

I use this;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Marpac-3HUS1GYGN-Hushh-For-Baby/dp/B01D50RYSC

Would highly recommend - worth the money. It’s freed up my phone from being on airplane mode during nap time and USB charge long lasting & great to save on batteries (Ewan the sheep drains batteries like mad!)

Aliveinwanderland Thu 02-Nov-17 20:40:11

I’ve got friends who swear by a My Hummy.

LapinR0se Thu 02-Nov-17 20:40:50

The sound sleeper app is brilliant

mustbemad17 Thu 02-Nov-17 20:43:22

Yeah I don't want anything on my phone would rather something that I can put in close quarters with baby - my OH wouldn't be able to cope with a fan or CD player.

Penny14 thank you for the link.

Aliveinwanderland I haven't come across My Hummy but will google it thank you!

LapinR0se Thu 02-Nov-17 20:44:38

I had the app on an old iPad set to flight mode. Worked a charm

crazycatlady5 Thu 02-Nov-17 20:45:49

Sound sleeper app for sure. You have to pay for the premium version (like £2 or something!) if you want it on constantly like we do.

OhNoNinkyNonk Thu 02-Nov-17 20:46:39

We found Ewan to be incredibly quiet, have MyHummy now and never looked back. Runs 12 hours straight as well! Had good results with 'Sound Sleeper' app too

Sipperskipper Fri 03-Nov-17 07:00:29

We just use a white noise playlist on Spotify on my phone, one track on repeat. Works a charm.

nc1234567 Fri 03-Nov-17 07:12:11

An app called relax melodies works with us which is wave mediation type music

Or an app called baby+ OR pregnancy+ (I used in pregnancy then changed to baby, not sure what it comes up as in sear of App Store) - has a tools section with fab, womb, car type noises xx

mustbemad17 Fri 03-Nov-17 07:24:58

Brilliant, thanks for all the suggestions ladies will go explore the options now xx

amelie427 Fri 03-Nov-17 09:20:12

We have this and love it;

https://www.kidly.co.uk/products/skip-hop/moonlight-and-melodies-projector/3177?colour=owl&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj9Hii4mi1wIV6LtCh2gxg55_EAQYASABEgKs-vD_BwE

It plays continuously all night (helps us sleep too!). It has a white noise setting which we play all night, but also has lullabies - I play one while we’re getting ready for bed so I hope this becomes a sleep cue eventually. It’s also a nightlight which is great for night feeds, and projects stars onto the ceiling. I hope the stars will help the transition into his own room as it will be a sense of familiarity.

Good luck!

wickywilk Fri 03-Nov-17 09:27:58

Definitely recommend the baby shusher from Amazon. Helped with my twins and we’ve also bought it for friends who also say it helped.
Hope this helps x

xhannahx Fri 03-Nov-17 09:34:35

Another vote for sound sleeper

tealandteal Fri 03-Nov-17 12:07:22

I liked the look of my hummy but it was expensive. We tried the YouTube videos first to make sure it worked on DS, then I got an ollie the owl. I love it! Goes on for 20 minutes then has a sensor to come back on if baby stirs. Batteries seem to be lasting so far

mustbemad17 Fri 03-Nov-17 20:16:17

I've ordered a sleeper thingy from My Hummy, going to give it a whirl on my five year old in the hope constant steady noise will keep her asleep 😂 Many thanks for the suggestions ladies x

Kion Fri 03-Nov-17 20:42:06

We’ve used the sound sleeper app on the iPad plugged in to a small Sony speaker so the sound is softer. Works great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now