Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

95th centile + Next to me cot

(10 Posts)
BabyOrSanta Mon 30-Oct-17 12:08:33

Baby is tracking the 95th centile at 32 weeks and has been consistently for quite a while.
Currently have a Moses basket but I'm assuming baby will grow out of this quite quickly?
I haven't got the space for a full cot at the moment.
How long would a side sleeper cot last, do you think? Are any of them bigger than the others?

LazyDaisy6 Mon 30-Oct-17 14:45:42

My 75th percentile 7.5 month old is still in his and has plenty of space but we need to move him as he can now pull himself up on the side.
I imagine you would have to move baby due to him/her becoming more mobile instead of due to space.
We have the chicco next 2 me and it is slightly bigger than the snuzpod. It was far too big for him at first though and he wouldn't settle so we bought a sleepyhead to go in it. He was in the sleepyhead until last week and now he seems to sleep better just in the crib. HTH smile

ZenNudist Mon 30-Oct-17 14:48:21

Both my ds were 98th centile at birth. We did moses basket for 6m with ds1 and side sleeper for similar with ds2. Then switched to travel cot plus extra mattress so they could fit in our room for longer.

LazyDaisy6 Mon 30-Oct-17 14:48:34

Oh and forgot to say, DS was tracking 98th percentile at my 36 week scan shock. I was petrified as we have 11lb and 11.5lb babies in the family. He came out at just over 8lb and he was 2 days late so Moses basket could last longer than you think!

Sipperskipper Mon 30-Oct-17 16:05:30

My 5.5 month old was born at 91st centile. She is in a Snuzpod next to me crib, and still fits in it with a sleepyhead inside. We never really used the Moses basket anyway. Wishing you all the best for when your baby is born.

BabyOrSanta Mon 30-Oct-17 20:07:56

Thank you flowers

I had worried that the baby will have their legs dangling over the side of the basket!

You've all reassured me that baby will fit so thank you smile
And yay for big babies!

arbrighton Mon 30-Oct-17 20:09:36

98 centile still just fits in moses at 4 months

Bluebelltulip Mon 30-Oct-17 20:15:23

When they out grow there Moses basket is not just dependant on size but also mobility, my dd was no where near too big when she could roll and make it unstable.

OuchBollocks Mon 30-Oct-17 20:20:32

Unless you're very keen to use a co sleeper I would suggest a mini cot instead. Same length as the co sleeper and not much bigger footprint pulled up to the bedside but last far longer - DS was pulling up using the sides of the bed nest by 4 months, he's 91st centile and has loads of room in the mini cot at almost 8 months plus he can stand up safely in it.

BabyOrSanta Tue 31-Oct-17 13:02:17

Where would one buy a mini sleeper please?

I'm just hoping that I have more space before the baby is here (currently in temp accommodation so literally living in a room with access to shared facilities... space is a big problem!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now