Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Recommendation for a dropside cot

(9 Posts)
user1484167681 Mon 30-Oct-17 10:16:32

Can anyone recommend a good dropside cot? Just doing some searching online and there's limited choice. Any gems I might've missed, please? smile

FATEdestiny Mon 30-Oct-17 10:20:50

I struggled to find any when I was looking, it was about 3 years ago. I got a John Lewis dropside cotbed in the end, given to me from a friend who bought it about 4 years earlier.

Dropsides are no longer offered for sale in USA anymore, although all are considered safe and kitemarked here in the UK. But I wonder if the lack of US market has meant manufactures don't make drop sides anymore? I don't know, just speculating.

Kintan Mon 30-Oct-17 10:20:57

Do you mean a side sleeper type thing? If so you can’t go wrong with the Chicco Next2Me. It also works great as a travel cot as is easy to put up and take down and comes with a travel bag.

RoganJosh Mon 30-Oct-17 10:22:49

We had this one which was fine. I found it easier to find cots with a drop side rather than cot beds, but this was a few years ago.

www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/50/4571/east-coast-anna-dropside-cot-white/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIssDNipCY1wIViArTCh2YFAHbEAQYASABEgIMNfD_BwE

FATEdestiny Mon 30-Oct-17 10:26:57

John Lewis have two:

m.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-anna-dropside-cot-white-wash/p3260892

Mothercare:

www.mothercare.com/cots/east-coast-nursery-anna-dropside-cot/LD7986.html

Tesco:

www.tesco.com/direct/east-coast-anna-drop-side-cot/280-7217.prd?source=others

There are loads avaliable. They were the top 3 search results on Google.

user1484167681 Mon 30-Oct-17 10:27:37

@Kintan, no I mean a full size cot/cot bed with a dropside mechanism that lowers one side.

Great, thanks for the suggestions, have been looking at John Lewis and have also found a decent selection at BabyMore. Just wondering if there were any super duper options I'd not found smile I think the changes in the US have really affected the UK market, annoyingly!

user1484167681 Mon 30-Oct-17 10:30:37

@FateDestiny, those are all the same cot though, aren't they? East Coast Anna Dropside?

FATEdestiny Mon 30-Oct-17 11:05:22

They were the first 3 in the search results. To be honest I didn't even look at the cot, just copy and pasted the link.

Most retailers seem to have dropside cots avaliable though. Amazon probably will too. As RoganJosh mentions though, finding a dropside cotbed may be more difficult. Or it was when I was looking for one a few years ago.

user1484167681 Mon 30-Oct-17 11:08:48

Thanks; will keep looking- the Anna one is on the list smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now