Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Boosting height of sidecot - possible?

(7 Posts)
Jellybabie3 Mon 30-Oct-17 08:56:33

Im just curious....and expecting to he shot down. But is it dooable to boost the height of the mattress in the sidecot? At ther moment the mattress is about maybe 3 inches lower than ours. I can't raise the unit itself as there is a lip on the dropside which is currently flush (i saw that sad report about the consequence of this being higher). Ideally though id like the cot mattress higher so I can lean in and feed DS. Is that possible if i use blankets/something underneath? Or does this effect breathability. After c section i am uncomfortable lifting 3 week old ds in and out all night (and he doesnt sleep well) he has a sleepyhead but only really likes being on his side which we also cant do hmm

FATEdestiny Mon 30-Oct-17 09:39:14

If you used a full sized cot with a side removed, there is no side at all so the cot mattresses can be completely flush and flat to the bed mattress.

I believe the cosleeper cribs are designed to have the cot mattress slightly lower than the bed mattress. I have got no idea why this is, seems an impractical design fault to me.

Jellybabie3 Mon 30-Oct-17 12:02:47

Hmm ok im wondering if its safe to put another mattress underneath to bulk up

amelie427 Mon 30-Oct-17 12:13:26

I’ve done exactly this - boosted our Snuzpod with towels and blankets. Still makes for a firm sleeping surface. I no idea on whether I should advise it from a safety POV though 🤷🏻‍♀️- but to me it seems more safe to have the mattress totally level with our bed.

He’s in the bed with us most of the time anyway---- wink

Jellybabie3 Mon 30-Oct-17 12:26:15

Ah ok. How long has yours been like that? I was hoping to feed to sleep and leave him there. Moving him is not working

amelie427 Mon 30-Oct-17 12:56:21

From around 8 weeks until now - 6 Months (he’s too big for it now really)

Moving them does get easier, I promise. Try a swaddle and holding for at least 15mins before trying to transfer. And a dummy could be helpful but my DS wouldn’t take one until 12 weeks - persevere.

Learning to feed lying down and cosleeping was a game changer for me, but I understand this isn’t for everyone.

Jellybabie3 Mon 30-Oct-17 13:28:19

Yeah i Wanna feed him laying down in his side cot. But need to prop up to do that. Bugger

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now