Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How do you use your co sleeper cot? Any tips for bf?

(9 Posts)
Jellybabie3 Fri 27-Oct-17 09:46:02

Mines coming today for my 3 week old that doesnt like being in moses. Im so excited after some horrible nights!!

My intention was to sleep close to it for comfort. Is it possible to bf while hes in it? So lean my arm in so he can help himself??

Any tips gratefully received. Ds wants constant comfort. We also have a sleepyhead

Wonderflonium Fri 27-Oct-17 12:57:42

I had a next2me and I couldn't bf while the baby was in there but it was super handy to be able to pop her back in there afterwards (also had a sleepyhead) and rest my hand on her so she knew I was there.

Jellybabie3 Fri 27-Oct-17 13:17:52

Ok thanks

AlbusPercival Fri 27-Oct-17 13:19:28

I fed DS in his next 2 me.

He's now 1 and as I type I'm feeding him. I'm laying in bed and he's in the co sleeper cot.

CaptainWarbeck Sun 29-Oct-17 07:17:59

I use mine to store my clean washing in. DD sleeps in my bed.

Would love her to sleep in it and be able to roll her in and out for feeds but she won't have any of it!

GlennRheeismyfavourite Sun 29-Oct-17 07:25:16

My baby is 8 weeks now, really pleased with the next2me - she won’t sleep in it alone yet, she’s in a sleepy head inside the next to me. It just means I can lift her out to feed and pop her back in really easily. Also means I can hold her little hand as she drops off, she tends to hit herself in the face and wake herself up otherwise!

wetsnow Sun 29-Oct-17 07:28:59

I would bf her then would be really easy to get her back in her bed without too much trouble the lay really close holding her hand. I miss her being in the chicco. Shes one now and in her own room... night wakes were so much easier when I didnt have to get up.

Hope you get some good nights now xx

Gumbubble Sun 29-Oct-17 07:30:50

I used to shunt ds over to me to feed and then veeerrryyy carefully shunt him back over once he'd dosed off. I couldn't make it work to seed him in it but was still way easier than having to get up.

Sashkin Sun 29-Oct-17 22:54:56

I have a Next2Me and I just sort of lean over to feed. You need to put a pillow over the join between cot and bed, the edge of the cot is really sharp!

I often sit and read in bed with the cot side down in the evenings, and DS seems to sleep better knowing I’m there. It’s also really handy for putting them back to bed if they’ve needed a cuddle overnight, especially after c-section when you can’t really twist or lift much.

I do always put the sides up when I’m actually sleeping - DS tries to get at us (you can hear him clawing at the mesh cot sides in the night) and I worry he’ll get stuck if I leave the side down. Probably paranoia.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now