Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Weening and unsettled sleep

(4 Posts)
Sunnyx Thu 26-Oct-17 08:48:04

I have started weening my 25 week old but since has had unsettled sleep (I think due to wind/bowel moments). He use to just wake to feed (ebf) and go straight back to sleep. Since starting solids he’s been awake for up to 2 hours! Last night he was awake from 1am-3am!

My question is...is it unavoidable that their sleep is disrupted? Or could it be that I’m giving him the wrong foods? Or weening too early?

I’ve only given him avocado, squash, carrot, broccoli, weetabix and sweet potato so far. 1-2 different foods per day.

Do I just need to grin and bear it and maybe go a little slower or stop for a couple of weeks?

FATEdestiny Thu 26-Oct-17 11:09:39

The key thing to remember is very early weaning is to maintain milk feeds at the level they were before weaning, maybe even increase milk feeds.

Give food in addition to milk feeds, not instead of. Fruit and veg are low calorie and harder calories for baby to access, compared to milk.

So early weaning can easily give you a very hungry baby, because if you're not careful calorie intake can reduce

Sunnyx Thu 26-Oct-17 11:54:14

I agree fatedentiny. I’ve only been giving him tiny amounts to taste and doing doing it to replace any milk.

MrsBriteSide Thu 26-Oct-17 13:12:33

I've just started weaning at 26 weeks. At 25 weeks my DD did two nights in a row where she was awake for two hours from 3am -5am. So it was nothing to do with weaning as I hadn't started. Maybe it's just a short phase that's not related to weaning? Who knows!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now