Talk

Advanced search

Leap 6...OMFG!!!

(7 Posts)
LazyDaisy6 Wed 25-Oct-17 21:01:14

Can we all just take a minute to appreciate leap 6? Current leap 6ers and past.

DS seems to have entered it early and the only way I can describe it is HELL.

He will not nap.
He will not go to sleep in the evening.
He crawls around his cot constantly then gets stuck/bumps his head and cries.
He doesn't want to be put down.
He doesn't want to be picked up.
He sleeps really lightly and keeps turning onto his front to rock on all fours.
He keeps arching his back, going rigid and throwing his head back.
He bops on and off while BF.
He will not cosleep - my usual go to when he's being difficult.
He is just MISERABLE and quite frankly so am I!! grin

Oh the joys!!

Chosenbyyou Thu 26-Oct-17 08:43:06

Oh I think I must be in that too! Mine is almost 7 months and doing exactly as you say.

Feel like I spend all my time dealing with sleep - my life is all about sleep which is ironic as I seem to get none!!

How long does this last - until they crawl and the novelty wears off?

X

crazycatlady5 Thu 26-Oct-17 10:34:31

Haha leap 6 was hell!! Feels like ages ago though so it’ll pass in a flash. You got this mama!

LazyDaisy6 Thu 26-Oct-17 15:05:35

No idea how long it lasts as he was quite bad for about 2 weeks, then slightly better for a week in which he learned to crawl and now we have gone backwards again for the past 6/7 days. Flipping nightmare!

I was just about to move him into cot in his own room... tried it for one night... shock not going there again for now.

He's not a good sleeper anyway but this is just another level!!

Daisypullsitoff Tue 31-Oct-17 15:13:42

Good name Lazy! Just saw this and was inspired to look at the wonder weeks app - lo and behold we are in leap 6 too. So now I know why DD will not nap unless she’s attached to me or rocked relentlessly in the buggy. And I hear you on the “pick me up”/“put me down”/“I want to crawl”/“now I want to stand”/“now I want to walk”/“now I’m exhausted but can’t sleep and IT’S ALL YOUR FAULT MUMMY”. At least that’s what I think she’s saying....

drinkyourmilk Tue 31-Oct-17 16:42:27

Omg don't say that! Leap 4 almost killed me. 5 wasn't too bad. Still got 17 days before 6.

KittyB52 Wed 01-Nov-17 06:14:30

Oh good - I realised yesterday that we had just started leap 6! Aside from the new wake up time of 5:30, things aren’t too bad yet. We have had the “won’t nap unless...” thing for a while now. DD rolls onto her front and then cries because she doesn’t want to be there. But then cries if you roll her back too. I don’t know if she’d be any better if she could crawl. We also get the head flinging, sometimes when she’s in the high chair. I’m guessing she wouldn’t wear a crash helmet...grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now