Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Quick question need quick answer - worried

(7 Posts)
izzystuart Wed 25-Oct-17 10:06:20

Hi Guys, My DD is 20 months old and suffers from chronic persistent ear infections and is under the care of a consultant. She has one at the moment but is otherwise well. She normally wakes at 7AM and it's now 10AM and she is still sleeping. She has been asleep to 15 hours. she does not have a temperature and she does open her eyes if I wake her. She seems OK. Should I get her out of bed. Is she OK? Does she need the sleep or is something wrong. Feeling a bit worried and funny :-(

ineedamoreadultieradult Wed 25-Oct-17 10:09:20

If she is rousable then I think her body maybe just fighting the infection causing her to be more sleepy. One of my kids always sleeps loads more when they are I'll. Given her age though maybe phone NHS direct for some advice.

cakeymccakington Wed 25-Oct-17 10:10:34

Trust your instincts. If you feel something isn't right then call 111

Passmethecrisps Wed 25-Oct-17 10:11:21

As she is opening her eyes I would be less concerned. She probably has a bug. Don’t hesitate to give nhs 24 a call though if you are unsure. It is horrible when they are poorly

welshweasel Wed 25-Oct-17 10:11:31

I'd get her up and see how she is.

loopsdefruit Wed 25-Oct-17 11:52:23

I'd probably get her at least sitting up and try and get her to have something to drink and maybe a bit of breakfast

izzystuart Wed 25-Oct-17 14:30:22

Thanks for the advice guys. I gave in at 10AM and got her up. She was a bit cranky but at some breakfast and had some milk. I've called the doctor to change the ear drops to the super strength version and hopefully kick this current infection.

I really appreciate the quick response to my post. I'm a working mum with very few mum friends and no family in the country. Mum's net is a really valuable source of advice for me. Thanks a mil!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now