Talk

Advanced search

2 yr old night waking

(4 Posts)
SnowWhite26 Wed 25-Oct-17 02:26:33

Hi.
This my 2nd post this week after not needing to write for ages. My last post was about my lo crying herself to sleep after she never used to and used to be happy to go to bed., 3 weeks ago we got rid of dummy easily as she has 2 rabbit comforters as well. My problem now is she keeps waking up in the middle of night howling inconsalably. She hasn't mentioned dummy. Tonight i put her in thinner sleeping bag as i thought she was hot this seemed to have worked although keeps sobbing every now again. Any ideas why?? Naps used to be 2 hrs in day now more like half an hr but seems ok. Thanks x

Foobarjar Wed 25-Oct-17 02:35:18

Because she probably used to suck on her dummy for comfort when she woke in the night, she'll find a new comfort but you need to give it time, but you have to make sure that comfort doesn't end up you for your own sake!

No practical advice, I dummy weaned at 10 months. Worst 2 months of my life! First child didn't have a dummy but still a shit storm of night sleeping

Google advise, stay strong X

SnowWhite26 Wed 25-Oct-17 03:14:59

Thanks. Whats odd is that she doesnt mention it anymore at all amd it was a few weeks ago and we have been fine. She got a cold and has been a bit off in the last week and thats when these night things have started but she is mainly over that now and it is incredibly hysterical sometimes like shes been eaten alive sad

Foobarjar Wed 25-Oct-17 03:36:08

They have night terrors at this age too. Feels like you'll never get through it, but you will.., just don't instill bad habits (sleeping in her bed etc) now or you'll be in it alot longer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now