Talk

Advanced search

Early waking

(8 Posts)
gemsie23 Tue 24-Oct-17 17:05:53

I was just wondering if anyone has tried a white noise/light show/music toy for a 2.5yo to try and get them to stay in bed longer in the morning? She doesn't have issues settling or waking in the night but just waking way too early and Iv tried changing naps, changing bedtime, it's definitely dark enough, she isn't hungry. Thanks smile

Her0utdoors Tue 24-Oct-17 17:16:18

What are you calling early? Pre 5am? Pre 7am? The former, I'm with you, it's grim but I assume it will pass. The latter, I'm extremely envious grin

gemsie23 Tue 24-Oct-17 19:01:10

5am today, I can cope with 6am or after but not before. It's been going on since she was born! We had about 3 weeks of 6:30-7 when she wasn't 100% but otherwise it's 6 or before and I still haven't got used to it! xx

Her0utdoors Tue 24-Oct-17 19:40:16

The only thing that would keep my DD in bed, sometimes, at that age was breastfeeding her, sorry, I'm useless for advice! Now she's nearly 4 and I can chuck my phone at her and she'll bindge on YouTube...but her baby brother is almost always ready for the day by 6am. I cope by making up a pot of coffee before I go to bed so I can just switch on the hob without having to wake up in the morning. I'd love a lie in sad

gemsie23 Tue 24-Oct-17 20:47:47

Yes it tends to be the phone already but I feel guilty doing that, however what else are u meant to do at that silly time!! We go away on a cruise at the weekend so goodness knows what will happen then!

crazycatlady5 Tue 24-Oct-17 22:02:49

Have you tried a gro clock?

gemsie23 Wed 25-Oct-17 12:18:32

Yes, it worked for about a month and then she obviously thought that's not actually going to keep me here!!!

drayday Wed 25-Oct-17 12:27:47

5yo ds has been waking between 5 and 5.30 every day for most of his life. I've tried everything and I've come to the conclusion that it's his body clock. Sorry. I've got used to it now and go to bed early myself to compensate. Recently, I've let him get up and/or watch television/read a book. I try and get an extra half hour till 6, but it's not the same.

Hope yours grows out of it grin mine has not yet. Apologies again if not what you wanted to hear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now