Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I need some good advice please

(4 Posts)
Justtryingtobeagoodmum Mon 23-Oct-17 18:01:45

Hi,

I have a 15 month old, who will only take Breast, and wakes on average 6 times a night.

I'm in a two bed house at the moment, (my son already occupies the second small room).

My 15 month old is still in our room.

We move to a 3 bed Friday, and I want her to go in her own room, but waking so often, I'm not too sure how things will go? I also desperately want to stop breastfeeding her. But I don't know how to do it without traumatising her too much.

My question:

1. Should I keep her in my room when we move, and try and stop feeding her before moving her to her own room?
2. How can I stop feeding her?

Thanks so much.

FATEdestiny Mon 23-Oct-17 18:05:27

Do you have a partner?

The easiest way to tackle would be 15 month old in own room and a non breastfeeder (ie not you) dealing with all night wakes as a means to night wean. To make that easier on everyone, I'd have DP sleeping on the floor in baby's room until settled.

InDubiousBattle Mon 23-Oct-17 18:07:53

At 15 months she doesn't need milk during the night so I think you can feel secure in night weaning her. Do you have a partner? Do you want to stop bf altogether or just at night? Does she take a dummy? How does she nap? Is she in a cot I your room or do you bed share?

Sorry about the barrage of questons! I would be inclined to night wean and sleep train with her in her own room but if she's used to co sleeping, won't have a dummy and not night weaned doing it all in one go would, I think be awful and probably wouldn't work.

Justtryingtobeagoodmum Mon 23-Oct-17 18:38:12

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes I want to stop BFeeding her although.

She doesn't have a dummy and is horrendous at napping too, unless she's in the car, if she's at home, she will use me to nap and will let me put her down.

At night I feed her and put her to sleep. If she hears a floorboard creek she will be up crying, and needing me to get her back to sleep.

I have a partner, he works nights mostly. So I'm home alone at night from about 1800- 0600
X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now