Talk

Advanced search

Crontrolled crying...

(5 Posts)
chipscheeseandgravy Sun 22-Oct-17 13:25:26

Started doing controlled crying with ds last night. So far so good, my question is, I’ve put him upstairs for a nap (this has never happened), he’s not crying, he’s just lying in his cot half way between awake and asleep. If I go in he’ll wake up and start crying once I walk out (this happened last night when he woke briefly) so since he’s not crying do I go in every 5/7/10 etc like I would if he’s crying or since he’s not crying do I just leave him be?

LapinR0se Sun 22-Oct-17 13:28:22

Yes absolutely just leave him to settle to sleep. He is not crying/upset right? How old is he?

namechange566 Sun 22-Oct-17 13:28:41

Have you got a video monitor?

My DC is 14 months, we don't do controlled crying but she has stopped falling asleep with her bedtime feed so do lay her down and 9/10 she will put herself to sleep but I watch her on the monitor and if she gets upset I go back in and resettle her.

Nan0second Sun 22-Oct-17 13:29:37

Just leave him!
If not upset, he's likely to fall asleep by himself. If he can't, then he'll show you he needs you and will tell you by crying!

chipscheeseandgravy Sun 22-Oct-17 13:57:54

He’s 15 months, yes I have a video monitor which I’m keeping an eye on.
He’s asleep now, but he was just laid there. He wasn’t crying/fussing etc.
Wasn’t sure if I should have gone in but left him and he’s asleep 👍
Thanks everyone smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now