Talk

Advanced search

Hysterical Crying in the Morning

(7 Posts)
Fevs Sun 22-Oct-17 08:01:56

Hello!
My 2.5yr old daughter has been a really good sleeper from about 4months and always woken up in a generally good mood. She’d usually chat or sing in her cot until I went in to her.
However over the past 3 or 4 mornings she has woken up a lot earlier than usual hysterically crying. As soon as I hear her I’ll go in and try to soothe/settle her but she wants to get up and it takes 15mins to calm her down.

After half an hour she is absolutely fine and back to her normal chatty/chirpy self.

She doesn’t seem to be in any pain so I’m wondering if she’s started having bad dreams? I am 5months pregnant and we’ve loosely explained about a baby in mummy’s tummy so part of me is thinking is this a factor but I’m not sure how/why it would be - and probably over worrying!
Has anyone else experienced this sudden change or have any ideas to what could be behind it?

Thank you smile

LapinR0se Sun 22-Oct-17 09:55:13

Is she waking earlier than usual or at the normal time?

crazycatlady5 Sun 22-Oct-17 10:24:40

Sounds like night terrors/nightmares which I believe are very common around that age. Usually a phase but poor you and poor her flowers

Fevs Sun 22-Oct-17 10:53:11

@LapinR0se earlier than normal, usually sleeps in until around 8 at the weekend but the Crying has been from around 630.
@crazycatlady5 yes I had considered night terrors but wasn’t sure if that usually wakes them during the night rather than in the morning? But perhaps it can be any time!
It is (hopefully) just a phase but yes it’s so horrible to see her so upset!

Thank you

LapinR0se Sun 22-Oct-17 10:57:41

She isn't probably overtired, what's happening with her nap?

LapinR0se Sun 22-Oct-17 10:58:15

is

Fevs Sun 22-Oct-17 13:42:00

Typically she’ll nap for 1.5-2 hrs a day between 130-330 (ish). Occasionally she’ll miss it or it will be shorter depending on what we’re doing that day.
I looked into night terrors and it doesn’t quite sound like those.. but could a more mild version perhaps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now