Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

13 month old sleep gone to pot since starting nursery

(6 Posts)
honeybee1986 Thu 19-Oct-17 07:18:10

Morning all,
My DD started nursery 2 days a week 3 weeks ago . The nights of those two days she is there she is waking 2/3 times crying and really upset where as she hasn’t woken in night since 7 months old unless teething or illness . Won’t go back to sleep after a cuddle / water . She is draining 2 bottles in the night even though I give her another dinner when we get home. Has not wanted a bottle in night for a long long time as not a big milk drinker anyway . Do you think they are not giving her enough food at nursery ? They tell me she is eating it all. She is very clingy the next day that we are home together. I wonder if purely separation anxiety ? Just wondered if any one has gone through the same sort of thing and any advice .
Thank you 😊

FATEdestiny Thu 19-Oct-17 13:11:44

I would be inclined to think she doesn't want the milk at night for the calories, but for the comfort and cuddle time with you.

I would be inclined not to give milk, given it's not been needed for so long it will create more problems than it will solve. I would go overboard on attentive cuddles though, perhaps even having the option of a cot next to my bed for her while she gets used to the new way of things.

FATEdestiny Thu 19-Oct-17 13:13:11

Also, I would maybe talk to nursery about fluid intake in the daytime. Thirst in the night is down to dehydration and a healthily hydrated child should not be thirsty at night unless it's very hot.

crazycatlady5 Thu 19-Oct-17 13:57:28

Definitely just sounds like separation anxiety from starting nursery and maybe even teamed up with over stimulation from the new environment! I don’t think it will last long, hoping it ends soon for you x

honeybee1986 Thu 19-Oct-17 14:18:52

For some reason I hadn’t even thought about fluid intake , only the food side. I will talk to them as she has access to water in her sippy at all times at home and drinks lots. I tried to settle her in the cot without milk but she just screamed and screamed until I got her out. I also got in the spare bed and took her in with me cuddling but she wasn’t having any of it. She goes to sleep at bed time like a dream so she’s not worried about me being there then. It’s so difficult to know what to do !

honeybee1986 Thu 19-Oct-17 14:20:51

@ fatedestiny I was thinking myself I am causing more probs giving milk but at silly o’clock i guess you will try anything !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now