Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If you could co sleep with an older baby (crawling)

(11 Posts)
Nottalotta Wed 18-Oct-17 21:04:45

Where do they start the night ?

I co slept with Ds1, once he rolled he'd start off in his cot in my room, then come leap from when he woke up first (as long as I was in bed)

Ds2 is 8 months, been crawling for two months . He still starts the night downstairs in his sleepyhead, then transfers to the cot which I have the side off up against my bed. This makes for easier breastfeeding in the night. Rolls over feed back to sleep . He barely wakes, so I am loathe to stop this arrangement but obviously can't really put him to bed in the cot with an open side.

Nottalotta Wed 18-Oct-17 21:05:17

There shouldn't be a "could" in the title.

Changerofname987654321 Wed 18-Oct-17 21:08:45

I cosleep with a 1 1/2 year old. We have put the mattress on the floor so we can stay with her until she goes to sleep and then we can go down stairs for a little bit of evening.

You need to regularly air the mattress.

Nottalotta Wed 18-Oct-17 21:10:59

Ah yes thanks, should have said, that's not an option for me.

Also, he does so exiles wake before I go up like just now, asleep by 6.45pm and woke up at 8.30. Not every night but occasionally.

Nottalotta Wed 18-Oct-17 21:11:43

Good grief my phone! Sometimes wakes!

Tortycat Wed 18-Oct-17 21:13:51

Coslept with dc1 til they were 2, and still with dc1 at 14 months. We also put dc down in a cot shoved up against the side of our bed, so they cant roll out in one direction at least. Then have to stay with them til they fall asleep (this is the downside). Then we just have a monitor and stay vigilant for them waking up. No falls off the bed yet!

Nottalotta Wed 18-Oct-17 21:17:04

I think that might be what I have to do torty. Although, Ds1 gradually woke less and less til he was waking once a night and Co slept from then, then slept through but got up early so came in for a feed and cuddle, then just slept through so stayed the whole night in his cot. I wonder how easy the transition is if ds2 is never really "in" the cot with sides on?

crazycatlady5 Wed 18-Oct-17 21:21:04

I put my 8 month old to sleep in her side less cot (attached to my bed) and I have a video monitor and watch —like a hawk— to see if she moves x

crazycatlady5 Wed 18-Oct-17 21:21:29

Line through text fail!

Zebrasinpyjamas Wed 18-Oct-17 21:28:49

I had a cot with the side off next to my bed too. I had a bed guard on my bed on the other side and pillows on the floor in the gaps just in case. I decided if he did wake up, he would make enough noise to come through on the monitor.

Nottalotta Wed 18-Oct-17 21:31:48

Maybe I'll try that. I could put the sleepyhead as a barricade.

I have a monitor, not a video one, but it should let me know if he's awake enough to be crawling about I have a horror of him waking the toddler up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now