Talk

Advanced search

9 month old sleep!!

(7 Posts)
emrich89 Wed 18-Oct-17 16:21:58

Hi guys, but of advice needed!!! My LG just turned 9 months and from early on she's been a good sleeper and slept through the night from 5.5months. However, about 4 week she ago just after she turned 8 months she started night waking sometimes for 3-4 hours at a time. Sometimes she's happy and wide awake but other times she's screaming. On some occasions I've had to take her into our bed to calm down then feed her and put her back in her cot. I give calpol, teething granules, check room temp, I've tried it all! I'm so exhausted and don't know how many more nights I can handle. Has anyone had this happen to them? And any advice? Thank you x

FATEdestiny Wed 18-Oct-17 18:43:53

What are baby's daytime naps like?

This could be due to over tiredness.

crazycatlady5 Wed 18-Oct-17 19:39:51

8 month sleep regression! It’s a b*stard. My 9 month old spent ages shouting the other night, not crying, just shouting confused

missg00se Wed 18-Oct-17 20:30:41

I feel for you! Sadly no advice other than it will pass - probably just when you think you can't take it any more! My DD was exactly the same at 8 months, I started a thread on here too one night when I was at my wits' end. It resolved itself shortly after that. But it wasn't easy at the time, I honestly thought I was losing my mind! I hope things settle down soon for you. In the meantime, hang on in there flowers

emrich89 Wed 18-Oct-17 21:21:45

Thank you for this. It’s so reassuring I’m not the only one in the world up all night :’) I’m hoping it will pass soon, let’s see what tonight brings! X

mrsfilm Sat 28-Oct-17 09:19:36

I am right there with you. DD is also 9 months; she was a great wee sleeper from early on. Since she could roll over it's all started to go down hill. Now she is sitting up and crawling, I feel it is even worse. She regularly wakes 2 or 3 times a night crying at the mo. Like you she can be up for hours. She only wants me. Tried a bit of co-sleeping, but she just thrashes her legs. I spent last night on the couch as that's where she eventually settled and crashed.

emrich89 Sat 28-Oct-17 11:14:11

It’s draining isn’t it! Well I’m happy to say she’s out of this now and for nearly a week has been back to sleeping through, hang on in there it does eventually pass! 😘 x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now