Talk

Advanced search

Reflux baby can't sleep

(8 Posts)
Lovingtyrells Wed 18-Oct-17 12:41:05

Don't know what to do anymore with reflux baby who can only sleep on their front ??? In the day I can sometimes get down on back for a nap but very hard work of vertical holding for an hour before hand. Lots of straining as well as vomitting. Has anyone managed to resolve ?

whitehorsesdonotlie Wed 18-Oct-17 12:43:17

What meds is she on for the reflux?

Have you propped up the head of her cot?

Will she sleep in her car seat? Or in a sling?

Poor baby.

Lovingtyrells Wed 18-Oct-17 17:57:01

Yes propped the cot didn't work. Only have gaviscon which didn't work as spat out. She sleeps in sling but can't use it 24-7 sad

editingfairy Thu 19-Oct-17 21:52:50

Go back to doc and ask them to review her. There are other options - domperidone, etc.

I'd also advise keeping a food diary. Are there any foods she reacts to (when you eat them)?

MrsT1983 Fri 20-Oct-17 09:01:41

We only managed to put him down for sleeps once we'd got him properly medicated, I had to carry him around 24/7 for about 8 weeks and he still screamed constantly. Only thing that worked for us was Omeprazole, he was literally a different baby within 24 hours. Go back to your GP and insist they give you proper medication, don't be fobbed off with trying Gavisvon for longer, in my experience it just gives them constipation even if you can manage to get it into them! Good luck OP, reflux is a hard thing to have to deal with so you have my sympathy.

sourpatchkid Fri 20-Oct-17 09:03:41

Agreed - back to the doctor and insist on something else. DS has ranitidine and it completely changed his sleep (for the better)

Notreallyarsed Fri 20-Oct-17 09:04:21

Ranitidine was a game changer for us, all 3 had reflux.

AMagdalena Sat 21-Oct-17 09:13:47

Ranitidine works for my DD in the sense that she's not in pain anymore, but I am afraid it hasn't improved her sleep tremendously.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: