Talk

Advanced search

Can we talk togs?

(8 Posts)
SoSam Tue 17-Oct-17 22:13:05

Advice please, my four month old is now in her own room and the temp is kept at around 18 degrees. What tog sleeping bags would you advise? I've got her in 2.5 but I think her hands are abit cool when I feed her in the middle of the night. What do you do? I'm so paranoid she's either going to freeze or overheat!!! Please help x

glow1984 Tue 17-Oct-17 22:14:22

Check her tummy, not her hands

2.5 might be enough but if not get another layer on her ie put her in a sleepsuit and a body suit

dementedpixie Tue 17-Oct-17 22:16:01

2.5tog is fine for that temperature. Adjust clothing if she is cold on her torso. Cold hands are normal

dementedpixie Tue 17-Oct-17 22:16:58

Any particular reason she is in her own room as it's advised to have them in the same room until 6 months

moggle Tue 17-Oct-17 22:17:39

I always used the little cardboard thermometer and guide that came with Gro bags- you can find it here. But yes at 18 degrees I would have a 2.5tog bag. We had a 3.5 tog bag for if it went below about 16C.
Her hands were usually cold. TBH that didn't bother me and didn't seem to bother her. I used to give her feet a feel when I unzipped her in the morning and if they were cold despite being inside the bag i would put another layer on the next night.
Now she has a duvet and just flings it off!

WinkyisbackontheButterBeer Tue 17-Oct-17 22:18:40

We put scratch mits or a pair of socks on dd's hands in winter. Her hands always seem to be cold, even though the rest of her is fine.

SoSam Tue 17-Oct-17 22:18:53

Thank you, I'll check her tummy. She's had to move out as she kicks in her sleep and is just too noisy. So even when she was sleeping no one else was!

SoSam Tue 17-Oct-17 22:21:33

Thank you for the link

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now