Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

5 month old rolling during sleep

(2 Posts)
LivingDeadGirlUK Tue 17-Oct-17 20:33:36

My son is 5 months old and for the last month or so has started rolling onto his side to sleep after I lay him down on his back. If he fails to roll onto his side he will wake and scream. He also will roll off his side onto his back which mostly wakes him, sometimes he will stay asleep or roll back onto his side but that is probably only a 5th of the time.

I kinda assumed this would get better after he learned to roll over properly, we sometimes have nights where he wakes hourly and you just hear the thud of him rolling back onto his back followed by the scream of disgust about being flat again lol. He has been rolling from back to front for about a week now and it doesn't seem to be helping him at night. He now also screams if he accidentally rolls onto his front!

I am assuming this is a phase, all this shall pass etc but I am getting quite tired from strings of nights where he wakes every hour so was wondering if anyone had similar and found a solution?

FATEdestiny Wed 18-Oct-17 18:10:17

It is a phase.

While he might be competent rolling both ways when playing, it's a different matter when he's tired, half asleep and only semi-conscious. At the moment he probably has to think and concentrate to make these movement, so doing then them at night is tough. Once they become automatic movements he doesn't need to think about, it'll get easier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now