Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sleepyhead cover

(6 Posts)
Stripesandstars44 Mon 16-Oct-17 18:56:30

Hi all,

Bought a sleepyhead for my 5 week old DD and she sleeps soundly in it. She’s vomited milk a couple of times on it and it needs washing, but I’ve read online and been told by friends that the cover is a nightmare to get back on. A few people have suggested putting a Muslin underneath her head in case she’s sick or maybe putting a Moses basket sheet over it so I don’t have to wash the SH cover so often. My issue is that surely this defeats the purpose of the SH being safe? The fabric is breatheable and therefore reduces the risk of SIDS, but if I’m covering it with another fabric then wouldn’t that mean that potentially DD could suffocate on that material instead? Not sure what the answer is and how I can avoid having to wash the SH cover so often!

TeaCoffeeCakeGinWine Mon 16-Oct-17 19:04:55

It's not that much of a nightmare to get back on, really wouldn't worry too much. I think with pukey babies it is inevitable that you'd have to wash it fairly often, but honestly, it's not that bad putting it back together!

welshweasel Mon 16-Oct-17 19:06:00

Personally I used a thin muslin and also washed it fairly regularly. It's really easy to put back on, honestly!

NameChange30 Mon 16-Oct-17 19:08:57

It's not that hard to put back on. It's supposed to be a very tight fight to keep the cushion in place. Muslins are so thin that they're breathable so it wouldn't do any harm to use one over the cover.

chloechloe Mon 16-Oct-17 22:18:44

I used a large Aden & Anais muslin over the whole of mine. They're completely breathable as used for swaddling and as they're so big you can tuck them tightly under the Sleepyhead.

m33r Mon 16-Oct-17 22:24:17

Not that hard to put at all. There’s a knack to it I suppose but it’s not hard. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now