Talk

Advanced search

Constant thrashing about

(2 Posts)
mummy2pickle Thu 12-Oct-17 07:34:45

My ds is 13 weeks old and he has always been a restless sleeper but the last few weeks he has constantly thrashed about in his sleep he can't keep his arms and legs still, rubbing his face/head and flailing about. He makes grunting noises and appears to cry but is still asleep. It seems he is getting frustrated and angry with it. I have to physically restrain him and then he'll fall to sleep. I have learnt to sleep through most of it but last night I had to pick him up and put him on my chest to restrain the movements and he feel into a deep sleep. Sometimes we have to feed him to calm him down but now feel like he will never sleep for longer periods.
Just to mention he has reflux which is medicated and CMPA.
Does anyone else little ones do the same and has anyone got any advice.

FATEdestiny Sat 14-Oct-17 10:34:36

Thrashing about can be an over tired sign, effectively saying "please help me get to sleep!"

I kept the swaddle going through this stage, which helped calm flaying limbs. Physically holding babies hands can help, and legs if needs be. Once in a deep sleep these movements calm, so it is just a case of getting baby through the light sleep into a deep sleep. A dummy is good for this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now