Talk

Advanced search

Travel cot to take abroad or use hotel's?

(11 Posts)
Urglewurgle Wed 11-Oct-17 07:53:25

We're going to Tenerife in January and DD will be 4 months.

The hotel we're staying in rents cots but I'm concerned that it might be old/dangerous/generally terrible and was looking to find a travel cot we could take with us.

Has anyone got any recommendations or am I just being a bit PFB about it all and should just use the hotel's cot?

FATEdestiny Sat 14-Oct-17 10:38:27

If you have the baggage allowance avaliable, I'd take one from home

HandbagFan Sat 14-Oct-17 20:29:29

We were in Mallorca this summer and the hotel’s travel costs were as nice as the one we have at home, and came with a clean mattress and clean sheets.

Maybe ask on the trip advisor forum for the town you’re staying in? Someone will have been and will report back for you.

Scrumptiousbears Sat 14-Oct-17 20:35:29

I’ve been to all sorts of places in Europe and always used the hotel cot and they have all been fine.

Triangularsquare Sat 14-Oct-17 20:39:55

You could compromise and take a travel cot mattress? We went away this year and took a fold up one (just folds once in the middle). We snuck it in with the buggy in the buggy bag so it didn't take up baggage allowance. More comfortable than the slightly padded cardboard you get in travel cots and means you don't have to worry about how old the mattress is

WeeM Sat 14-Oct-17 20:43:42

The travel cots I've always had have been fine too. But you can get pop up ones that look good and look like they'd pack in a case. Or check with the airline as I think some Of them let you take 2 bulky items like buggy/cot/car seat....I could have made that up though!

LifeWillFindAWay Sat 14-Oct-17 20:53:57

Trianglarsquare how could you be sure your mattress would fit the supplied cot?

Triangularsquare Sat 14-Oct-17 21:27:21

Travel cots seems to be a standard size. If they give you a proper cot it might not. You could always call the hotel and ask what they have?

newmumwithquestions Sat 14-Oct-17 21:29:34

Travel cots are one of two sizes. In your position I've checked what they supply and on occasions taken my own mattress to go with the cot (this country only though so luggage wasn't an issue)

Twickerhun Sat 14-Oct-17 21:33:22

Many airlines let you take extra equipment for babies, so you could probably easily take a travel cot.

We've used hotel cots before and they've been absolutely fine.

Urglewurgle Mon 16-Oct-17 10:10:33

Thanks! I'll contact the hotel and ask on trip advisor, I forgot about that forums!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now