Talk

Advanced search

Help with 9 week olds sleep

(3 Posts)
KaPoul Mon 09-Oct-17 16:58:36

Hi just after a bit of advice / support - my little girl is now 9 weeks old and has never really done anything but nap in the sling/ carrier as I really struggle to get her down anywhere else during the day and if I do she only sleeps for 15-20 mins even in a moving car! I really want her to nap well in her cot for at least one nap a day any advice how I get there without a lot of pain. She is constantly overtired as she is not getting enough daytime sleep. Sleeps in her cot for most the night and is doing quite well in comparison to daytime but I still have to feed her to sleep. I have a toddler to look after hence why I have been lazy and let her sling nap up until now as couldn't face the battle.

FATEdestiny Mon 09-Oct-17 21:46:13

How about trying a swaddle and dummy? Put baby in the cot after a feed and keep tapping the dumny to get baby napping.

In all honestly, cot naps are more hassle than they are worth at this age, I think. I'd do naps in the bouncer, it means you are free to engage with toddler while settling baby to sleep.

KaPoul Tue 10-Oct-17 04:39:46

Thanks for the reply she won't take a dummy I have tried.....many times! And it's not just a cot she won't stay down in it's everything that isn't me - swing/ car seat / pram she's just such a light sleeper and wakes up after a short time. I'll keep persevering with her swing I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now