Talk

Advanced search

7 month old not sleeping

(5 Posts)
charlie13032017 Mon 09-Oct-17 07:32:59

I’ve noticed all my threads are about my lb sleeping haha!
He’s brilliant during the day! Always!
Anyway, this I’ve changed him over to his cotbed and the first week he actually slept like an angel (only 2 wake ups)
But this last week, he’s waking every 30 minutes, he’ll be asleep and keeps rolling on to his stomach lifting his head up crying! He can roll both ways he’s been doing it for ages!
I know he’s tired. I’ve tried turning his head to see if he wanted to sleep on his stomach but he slept for 10 minutes and lifted his head and started crying again! So last night he ended up in my bed and slept from 1am until 7:20? I really don’t want him to think he can keep coming into my bed but I’m exhausted!
Any reason why he’s doing this or anybody else’s lo doing this at all?

FATEdestiny Mon 09-Oct-17 11:23:58

This mobility stage is a friggin' nightmare for sleep. Is baby rocking on all-fours? This is a precursor for crawling and (along with when pulling to standing) can cause havoc with sleep.

Is the cot next to your bed? I found it easiest to drape a hand over the cot side and settle baby back into a deep sleep as quickly as possible once stirring. The problem comes when baby flips position in a light sleep then can't get back into a deep sleep so wakes fully.

charlie13032017 Mon 09-Oct-17 16:49:34

It is a nightmare! No, he’s not rocking or on all fours, he just rolls into front and lifts his entire top half up and cries.
His dad tries to settle him with a cuddle and his dummy but he kicks out and the second he’s passed to me he’s asleep, but awake a few minute after he’s put down sad so tired!

wintertravel1980 Mon 09-Oct-17 19:32:16

My DD used to do it for a few days when she was around 7 months. She could roll over both ways whenever she was on the floor but she could not figure out how to do it in the cot. She kept getting stuck on her tummy.

I basically waited for 5 minutes every time she rolled on her stomach giving her an opportunity to roll back herself or to go back to sleep. After that I went into her room, turned her over and left in silence. She knew how to self-settle though so she would go back to sleep until her next middle of the night roll. It was not every 30 minutes though - probably 1-2 times a night.

Luckily, it was indeed a phase. My DD figured out how to roll in the cot in about a week and her sleep went back to normal.

charlie13032017 Mon 09-Oct-17 20:01:28

I’m really hoping his is a phase? It probably doesn’t help that he still doesn’t self settle! I have to pick him up and give him a cuddle to get him back off otherwise he gets really worked up sad
I might leave him 5 minutes when he does and see if he’ll figure it out, maybe I’m picking him up to soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now