Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is 15 month olds sleep routine ok?

(9 Posts)
newmums2016 Sun 08-Oct-17 20:53:28

Hi, I'm new here. Just after some advice about my daughters routine or lack of.

So her last bottle is at 8.30pm, then we all go up at 9pm and she will fall asleep in our bed while we watch tv. When we are ready to go to bed we move her into her cot in her own room. The reason I'm querying is because sometimes she will sleep straight away and sometimes (like last night) she didn't sleep till close to 12. I know lots of mums bath, then bottle etc but the HV told us to bathe her once a week due to excema so we can't do that every night. Soooo (soz for long post) do you think we are doing ok?

QueenNefertitty Sun 08-Oct-17 20:57:46

Are you happy with it?

Is she over tired during the day time?

If no to both of those, then yes, it's fine.

For me and my son who's just one, he's JUST gone to sleep and this is very late for him. More usual to have dinner at 5.30/6, bath just before 7, straight to bed and be asleep by 7.30 but he napped late today, so we got in a bit of a muddle. If he was up any later I couldn't cope, never mind him! I need the time to decompress on an evening.

But is horses for courses as I say.

TooMinty Sun 08-Oct-17 20:58:46

How much sleep does she get in a 24hour period? The TV could be keeping her awake, have you tried settling her in her cot in her own room instead? 9pm is a later bedtime than I’d do but it’s fine if she gets enough sleep. I only bathe my kids twice a week - just do milk, pjs, teeth, story on the other nights.

QueenNefertitty Sun 08-Oct-17 20:59:20

Oh and i breastfeed to sleep/throughout the night, if that makes any difference!?

CarlHickbread Sun 08-Oct-17 21:01:53

I have a 15 month old too, her sleeping through the night has been hit and miss lately due to teething but our routine is the same is what I do with my DS (27 months), bath at 6, milk around half past then bed for 7pm.

Works for us but all children are different.

newmums2016 Sun 08-Oct-17 21:14:18

Thank you for all your replies. Xx

By the time me and hubby have picked her up and got home from work it's usually 6.30pm at the earliest and then we start dinner etc which is why she is on a later schedule.

She usually naps sometime between 12-2pm for at least 2 hours (sometimes 3) but I've noticed when she's had her nap later she's doesn't sleep on time at night (duh, just realised this now, idiot!).

TooMinty - I've never put her to sleep straight into her cot, I guess I'm scared she won't sleep and I'll be at the cot for hours. Does yours just drift of to sleep?

TooMinty Sun 08-Oct-17 21:23:08

At that age he did. He is now nearly 3 and insists that he sit next to him and stroke his hair til he falls asleep...
Does she have a comforter? Mine have bear and blanket to cuddle which helps get them off. Some people swear by a dummy but might be a bit late to introduce one. I can’t help there as I couldn’t get mine to take a dummy!

Billi77 Sun 08-Oct-17 22:57:33

I have a 15mo DD too. Her routine is dinner at 6.30 (ish), bath at 7 (ish...), milk and books and hanging out (maybe with in the night garden on) till 8 (ish....), brush teeth after milk, then holding her hand in her cot in my room for about half an hour (!) till she drifts off. If I let go she cries. She then sleep through (ish) till around 8 but will have the odd whimper, one of which results in her making her way into my bed. And she has lunch around noon and naps from about 1 for an hour and half or so.

newmums2016 Mon 09-Oct-17 07:39:02

Over the weekend I might try and put her straight in the cot then and see how she reacts and go from there. Thanks for the help everyone smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now