Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

3mo won't go down for naps DESPERATE

(3 Posts)
AnxietyStrikes Sun 08-Oct-17 13:27:20

Hiya!

My3mo sleeps well at night I pit her down when she's sleepy but not asleep and she send herself to sleep fine.

During the day it's a totally different story. She will not sleep unless being bounced or rocked and held the minute I put her down she is wide awake and starts to cry. I've tried everything and I'm at a loss.

Does anyone else have the same problem? Or have any advice?

FATEdestiny Sun 08-Oct-17 14:07:06

It is not unusual that baby needs extra help to get to sleep in the daytime compared to night time.

Movement is often one of those ways baby can satisfy her need for extra comforting help.

Why not try a bouncy chair? The critical thing for bouncer naps is that baby can go to sleep where she stays asleep.

Also limit her awake time between naps do that she diesnt get over tired. An over tired baby is always harder to get to sleep. So once baby is getting regular naps (no more than 1h awake between naps), getting to slerp should get easier anyway.

NewMumSept2014 Sun 08-Oct-17 21:02:24

My DD did this. She grew out of it herself without any sleep training at all at about 6-7 months. I held her to sleep or went out for walks for every nap up to then. I seem to recall watching a lot of box sets on my laptop while she was asleep on me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now