Talk

Advanced search

DS3 suddenly scared to go to bed

(5 Posts)
MummaDeeDee Thu 05-Oct-17 19:36:32

My DS3 has suddenly decided he's scared of his bed. It's a football bed and he's had it for a few months, he's always loved it. Last few night we've had tears at bed time and he's literally screaming that he wants to sleep with us, not in his bed. A couple of times he's mentioned bugs so we did the whole checking the bed in front of him with the lights on thing. We've also slept next to him, stroked him till he nods off, lights on, lights off. He falls asleep and then through the night he'll wake up screaming again. Hubby and I both work so although we probably shouldn't we give in and let him sleep with us so we get a few hours sleep at least. I'm exhausted and so is my poor bubba. Any advice on how to deal with this?

FATEdestiny Fri 06-Oct-17 17:05:16

How old is he?

Have you only just moved from a cot to a bed? If so, I'd take this as a sign he isn't ready and go back to a cot.

Have you just moved from toddler bed to big bed? The height may bother him. Or the sheer size. Maybe try the mattress directly on the floor to see if it is the physical football bed that's the problem, or just any bed.

MummaDeeDee Fri 06-Oct-17 17:32:57

He's 3 and has been in this bed for about six months, until now he's loved it.

Lemondrop99 Sat 07-Oct-17 09:33:12

If the bug thing keeps coming up as an issue, could you try something similar to the monster spray? A bottle of water, maybe a drop or two of essential oil to make it more magical (something calming like lavender). Then go around his room together and spray the air saying "bugs go away!". Might be worth a try.

MummaDeeDee Sat 07-Oct-17 13:19:10

I like that idea! Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now