Talk

Advanced search

Sleep aids

(10 Posts)
elh1812 Mon 02-Oct-17 07:05:26

Just wanting feedback really. My 15 week little girl is a very light sleeper, I've been looking into sleepyhead pillows and a myhummy wondering whether it may be worth spending the money to get a better night (and day) sleep.
Any reviews on either good or bad would be appreciated x

BendydickCuminsnatch Mon 02-Oct-17 07:12:11

Just googled MyHummy - for white noise we just use a £10 analogue radio. After trying various apps meaning you're phoneless all night, and a white noise machine that ran out of batteries every 2 days, this is the much better option! I'd definitely try that before buying anything expensive.

Can't comment on the sleepyhead, couldn't justify the cost last time but have got one for this baby due in Nov. Have never heard anything negative at all about them though so worth a shot!

BendydickCuminsnatch Mon 02-Oct-17 07:12:54

(un-tuned analogue radio, of course!)

FATEdestiny Mon 02-Oct-17 11:52:03

Dummy is your best sleep aid.

I use a desk fan for white noise.

seven201 Mon 02-Oct-17 12:10:35

We loved our sleepyhead. We have a whispbear for white noise - it's like a Ewan the dream sheep but has a sensor so when the baby moans/cries the white noise starts up again to encourage them to go back to sleep. We also have a big standard white noise machine from Amazon that we sometimes use in the car or when it's fireworks season!

elh1812 Mon 02-Oct-17 17:44:01

Tried a dummy on many occasions, she just doesn't seem interested. Thanks for the suggestion of the fan!

mamajama2 Tue 03-Oct-17 09:05:08

Sleepyhead is amazing and don't bother with a white noise toy you can download an app for a couple of quid. We have it playing all night x

riddles26 Tue 03-Oct-17 13:22:42

We had a purflo nest which is very similar to sleepyhead. I'm not sure if I would recommend sleepyhead now your baby is 15 weeks though - it's fantastic for making them feel enclosed in the 4th trimester where they don't like open space. She is probably past that now. On the upside, you won't need to wean her off it!

I swear by white noise too and play it for every nap and all night. We have a cheap white noise player from Amazon that plugs in - we both hated not being able to use our phones and didn't want them so close to her all the time for all sleeps. Try out on your phone and if she sleeps better then consider investing in myhummy or a machine..?

elh1812 Tue 03-Oct-17 15:55:26

One of the reasons I'm looking into a sleepyhead is because she doesn't sleep for long when left in her Moses basket/crib but if held she sleeps for much longer. Think she still needs that security feeling

RebeccaNoodles Thu 05-Oct-17 09:22:39

I have a little portable white noise machine from Amazon - it's called a MyBaby Sleep Spa and it's brilliant. Best £20 ever spent!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now