Talk

Advanced search

2:00am - 4:30am every single night

(14 Posts)
lotusisaddictive Mon 25-Sep-17 02:40:03

My daughter is 7 months and every night she wakes at 2am and just won't settle until past 4am. Why is she trying to break me?!

She's bf but even that doesn't work and I've always used boobing to fix everything so I'm lost!

She's my second daughter, my eldest is nearly 5.

Any ideas anyone? I already cosleep and not keen on sleep training.

lotusisaddictive Mon 25-Sep-17 02:46:58

Oh and Ewan the dream sheep is really a fluffy pile of crap, my dd just like to eat his face.

gruffaloshmuffalo Mon 25-Sep-17 02:53:18

Babies are gits. At least in my experience.

Ds2 did something similar. With DS1 we could cosleep. Ds2 wasn't into it. Because we bottle fed we used to try giving him water to drink at night and it did help when he realised he wasn't going to get milk. But basically, babies are gits. Do you sleep train at all?

christinarossetti Mon 25-Sep-17 02:54:06

If you're co sleeping, she will smell your milk, and wake up to feed.

One of my children was like this. We put her in her own room at 6 months and she slept much, much better. We'd all been keeping each other awake.

NotAgainYoda Mon 25-Sep-17 02:54:12

I'd try Waking to Sleep

I can't remember the details (google it), but it involves rousing them before they normally wake so they move or turn over but don't fully wake. This 'resets' their sleep patterns

I used it with one of mine when he was a bit older

NotAgainYoda Mon 25-Sep-17 02:56:44

I clicked on this because I thought it was you waking! Come the menopause it might be. The joy of being a woman

Cupcakegirl13 Mon 25-Sep-17 02:57:56

My DS did this for a couple of months it nearly killed me ! But in the end she just stopped doing it and slept thru again , no magic answer for her I'm afraid.

lotusisaddictive Mon 25-Sep-17 03:02:20

Thanks everyone, I must agree babies are gits because she is now fast asleep and making me a liar hmm

Good thinking about her smelling the milk, her room just needs a clear out then she'll be out of here!

Maybe it's a phase who knows, sleep time for me grin

Youvegotafriendinme Mon 25-Sep-17 05:00:07

My DS did this at that age for about 3-4 weeks. Unfortunately we never found an answer he just stopped doing it one day. Hope it stops soon for you

crazycatlady5 Mon 25-Sep-17 12:46:23

I had a phase of this at 7 months, exhausting!! But it passed. I also found bedtime was too early, if she now goes to bed between 8.30-9.30 the big chunk in the night doesn't happen x

SlackerMum1 Mon 25-Sep-17 21:19:35

Had this too - went on for 3 weeks in the end. Think is was a combination of growth spurt and just the fact she was ready to drop her third nap. Once we switched to just two naps and she got used to the new system she got better..... if it's any consolation she started sleeping through the night a couple of weeks after that... so you can live in hope!

Tch1 Wed 27-Sep-17 07:31:25

I am currently suffering the same!! Looking for advice sad thought we had it cracked last week.. aparantly not!! Please share if you discover anything!

bumblingbovine49 Wed 27-Sep-17 07:46:04

Unfortunately DS did the regularly until he was 18 months old. He would have tantalising weeks where the wake-ups were short but the pattern kept repeating and repeating and repeating...... I was beside myself with lack of sleep.

He didn't cry after much waking up and being comforted/fed, he just couldn't sleep and would be very restless for a couple of hours (usually).

We co- slept as well but in the end I worked out that he settled better in his own cot/bed after he woke up. He likes to breast feed (did until 2 years old) but it almost never made him fall asleep after about 3-4 months old
It it did pass and DS is now a 13 year old who still doesn't sleep muchsmile

NotAgainYoda Wed 27-Sep-17 16:39:50

Tch

See my post above smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now