Talk

Advanced search

Go to sleep baby!!! Anyone else?

(14 Posts)
SleepForTheWeek Wed 20-Sep-17 03:55:57

DD2 is 13 weeks old and has been quite a good sleeper since birth, she's ebf and generally only wakes once - sometimes twice - a night for a feed.

The last few nights she's been waking a bit more and tonight's she's been up thrice in the space of 2 hours! She's been chatting away beside me fir 20 mins, playing with her comfort blanket, squealing and cooing. I'm trying to get her to sleep AGAIN by feeding her. DD1 also been up and in with us during this timeframe and will be up for the day in 2.5 hours.

Does something crazy happen to them at 3 months??

Anyone else got a very awake baby just now?

SleepForTheWeek Wed 20-Sep-17 04:01:52

I've just woke DH to take her for a while so will hopefully get a bit of rest

HopeAndJoy16 Wed 20-Sep-17 04:06:46

Yep, mine usually sleeps 9pm til 1 then fees then wakes again at 4. Tonight she has been feeding on and off since 12. I've tried feeding her lying down but I just get kicked and hit in the face, plus the cat just got the hump cause I wouldnt let her lie between my legs. Ffs I just want some sleep now!!

SadieContrary Wed 20-Sep-17 04:10:21

Sounds like a growth spurt. Hopefully it'll pass in a few days at most.

lauramcd86 Wed 20-Sep-17 04:51:04

14 week old here who has slept >8 hours solid 3 out of the past 4 nights. We had a shitty week of sleep last week!!!!!!! I swear after one longish stretch of 4-5 hrs she was up HOURLY feeding confused Must be growth spurt/wonder week or something. It has passed. Hopefully yours will too smile

SpikeGilesSandwich Wed 20-Sep-17 05:41:53

I've not had a full nights sleep in 14 months...

SleepForTheWeek Wed 20-Sep-17 05:57:45

@SpikeGilesSandwich DD1 is 3 and still doesn't sleep through the night.

DH must have managed to get DD2 back to sleep downstairs and then put her back in the co sleeper as that's her up again.

Oh well, think I got 90minutes there. DD1 will wake soon 😩

Babyblues14 Wed 20-Sep-17 06:02:23

5 day old baby here and been awake for three hours, refusing food. Doesn't need changing. Been winded. Has just decided to stay up and lie on me and then scream the place down when I put her in the crib. I love the cuddles but im praying for sleep soon sad

SpikeGilesSandwich Wed 20-Sep-17 06:02:33

Thanks for that, Sleep confused. There's a good reason they use sleep deprivation as torture!
Hope you get a bit of shut eye soon.
brewbrewbrew😴

Celticlassie Wed 20-Sep-17 08:13:42

My 5 month old has been waking 2 hourly every night for about a month now, and she was pretty good when she was younger. I think this is something they go through at this age.

QueenNefertitty Wed 20-Sep-17 08:18:22

If you can,and want to, safe co-sleeping gets my vote for sanity preservation every time. IME though, the problem isn't baby never wanting to go into their own bed, but you never wanting to put them in it, and keeping them for cuddles!

crazycatlady5 Wed 20-Sep-17 08:55:33

Growth spurt or delightful 4 month sleep regression!

Spam88 Wed 20-Sep-17 09:04:22

My DD was waking twice a night but from 14 or 15 weeks she's been up every 30-60 minutes 😩 we're on week 3 of this (I think...too tired to be sure...).

SleepForTheWeek Wed 20-Sep-17 09:50:18

I'm glad it's not just us going through this (sorry!!!)

We can't really co-sleep although use a co-sleeping crib. DD1 comes into the bed with us during the night still so defnitily not safe to have the baby there too!

She was just wide awake chewing her hands and testing out her new found voice - at least she wasn't screaming.Luckily we all ended up sleeping till 7.45 so don't feel as bad as I could.

Just another day to get through now...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now