Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

8 month old waking in night

(4 Posts)
BringMeTea123 Mon 03-Jul-17 16:20:40

Hi 👋🏼

My baby boy is 8 months old (turns 9 months on the 15th of this month). He has always been a pretty good sleeper. Takes his naps when he needs etc.
He was sleeping through the night at 7 weeks old, then at 4 and a half months he started waking through the night again. From 6 months he was back to sleeping through the night. However now 9 times out of 10 he's back to waking once through the night. Seems to be either around 2am or 4am. I've just read something about sleep regression - is this actually a thing?

His routine is -

7am - wakes up and has a bottle
8am - breakfast usually porridge
9am - maybe a bottle and nap
11am - morning snack - usually a fruit pot or the likes of

12.30pm - lunch time - pasta etc
2.30 - 4.30 - bottle
5.30 - dinner

7pm - bath
7.45 - 8pm - bottle and bed he usually falls to sleep and stays asleep until either 2am or 4am. He falls back to sleep after a bottle but I don't know if he's actually hungry. I couldn't tell you how much he has out of each one of his bottles as it varies depending on how hungry he is.

I'm rubbish with night feeds and always have been. You'd think I'd be used to them by now lol. But just wondering if there's anything I can do different to help him (and me) to go back through the night. I know it sounds incredibly selfish and I don't resent that he needs a bottle in the night but just wondering if it's something I'm doing or something they just go through.

He's in his own room and has been since 6 months he's in a sleeping back so I know he's not too cold and a thermometer in his room so it's not temperature related.

Thanks in advance

FATEdestiny Mon 03-Jul-17 18:23:05

I assume there is a nap after lunch, in your routine?

Given you are bottle feeding, I would suggest you stop offering that night feed and instead resettle back to sleep another way.

How do you get baby to sleep at bedtime and nap times?

BringMeTea123 Mon 03-Jul-17 18:57:53

Yes he has a nap after lunch time.

Possible that he is getting used to the night feed and it's become more habit?

For his naps we use a bean bag from that bean Bag Planet. When he's tired I put him on that and he falls off to sleep.

If he's not asleep after his bottle at bed time
I just put him in his cot and walk away and he just falls to sleep himself x

FATEdestiny Mon 03-Jul-17 20:16:53

You just need an alternate way to get baby back to sleep, that isn't feeding.

The dummy is the quickest and easiest of these. Most others involve a degree of crying. You could try:

- shushing
- patting
- rocking
- cuddling
- cosleeping

Or a combination of the above.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now