Talk

Advanced search

10mo waking for long periods at night

(3 Posts)
Uiscebeatha85 Thu 01-Jun-17 02:59:52

Tonight she woke at 12 and is only just dozing back off (I think). She will regularly wake for 2/3 hours at a time during the night and I'm beside myself with frustration and exhaustion. She rolls around, tries to stand on the bed, crawls, pinches me, gets upset if I don't let her use my nipple as a dummy and will scream if I put her back into the cot and shush. How do I help stop this? sad

Background; she is bf, still in my room, eats a lot of solid food, will usually have a 'longish' first stint of sleep (7.30/8 - 12). Dummy refuser sad

RedSandYellowSand Thu 01-Jun-17 05:32:56

Mine did that too..... It lasted far too long, but did just stop in the end. Nothing we did changed. DH insisted we tried sleep training, but that just resulted in screaming for the 2 hrs sad.
It's just a phase, it will end. Lots of brew for you

FATEdestiny Thu 01-Jun-17 08:24:00

Given she doesnt have a dummy, I would cosleep and let her use your nipple as a dummy, in order to get more sleep for you both.

I would also start introducing a comforter (toy, blanket) when breastfeeding her. Won't work yet, but longer term the hope is to replace the comfort of the breast with the comfort of something she can use independantly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now