Talk

Advanced search

Bedtime routines

(5 Posts)
Megankate2112 Wed 31-May-17 21:02:28

Hi all,

Just wondering at what age did you start introducing an actual bed time? Or a bedtime routine

ATM I just feed on demand, my LO normally sleeps through the night but there's no set time for this as such smile

JohnLapsleyParlabane Wed 31-May-17 21:04:42

Weaning caused us to start doing a nightly bath and it grew from there.

FathomsDeepAndFallingFurther Wed 31-May-17 21:06:37

About 3 months with DD1. Was later with DD2 - about 6 months I think.

welshweasel Wed 31-May-17 21:11:18

About 3 months I think. Bath, massage, milk and bed. Started it when DS started sleeping through the evening after 7pm, didn't see the point before that.

FATEdestiny Wed 31-May-17 21:35:19

I would "do bedtime" at any awake time that fell between 7pm-9pm from birth. That would mean change into night clothes, bath if needed, massage etc.

But given SIDS recommendations to room share while baby sleeps and also given that evening wakes happen still when young - we would bring baby back downstairs with us to nap after bedtime routine.

We started putting upstairs to sleep once evening wake ups stopped. I don't have the inclination to spend my evenings settling baby in a darkened room several times through the evening. So from about 5 months, when baby was going to sleep at bedtime and stay asleep, that's when I moved bedtime (upstairs) to early evening.

SIDS recommendations say baby should remain in the same room you are while sleeping until 6 months old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now