Talk

Advanced search

Separation anxiety nearly 8months old

(7 Posts)
user1486273640 Wed 31-May-17 11:03:30

My daughter is nearly 8months and is waking up from her sleep crying over 4 times a night and she is drinking milk? Is this a sign of separation anxiety ? Sometimes she doesn't even drink the milk she wants the dummy? I heard some 8months old baby's sleep through? She used to sleep through and only have one feed but now she waking waking waking im getting soooo tired 😓

HerculesParrot Wed 31-May-17 11:10:40

I can't answer the separation anxiety question but my 8 month old has similarly gone from sleeping through to regular waking. I think there is a big developmental leap at around this age that often sends them a bit haywire. Other people may have advice for how to deal with it, but the change itself is likely developmental rather than because of an external reason.

user1486273640 Wed 31-May-17 11:26:11

Thankyou so maybe a growing spurt or sleeping regression x? I'm just exhausted getting up over to cot ever few hours? She is weaning maybe it's the number 2 milk

FATEdestiny Wed 31-May-17 12:24:11

Waking up in the night at this age, when previously sleeping through not, is unlikely to be due to separation anxiety. It is more likely to be to do with:

- overall lack of calories in the daytime leading to low level hunger.

- overall lack of sleep over 24 hours so that over tiredness cause a restless and fretful sleep.

FATEdestiny Wed 31-May-17 12:24:56

It could also be pain.teething pain, illness or digestion issues from weaning.

user1486273640 Wed 31-May-17 12:34:39

Teething aswell x I'm just exhausted bless her she doesn't understand x

silkpyjamasallday Wed 31-May-17 14:34:02

There is supposedly an 8 month sleep regression, we are most definitely going through it at the moment. DDs daytime naps are all over the place and she is grumpy because of it and takes so long to settle at night. Unfortunately because of visiting family at the moment her routine is being repeatedly disrupted making everything worse.

I think you just have to wait out the developmental leap. Also make sure you aren't feeding her too much 'proper' food during the day, as milk is providing the majority of useful nutrients still at this stage, if they are filling up on solids during the day they need to feed more at night and it disrupts their sleep. I try and stick by 'food before one is just for fun' making sure I am not over feeding her solids and keeping milk as her main source of nutrition and that helps DDs sleep slightly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now