Talk

Advanced search

5 month old sleep...

(6 Posts)
TootsieBootsie Tue 30-May-17 04:02:49

My LO is 5 months and I need help with sleep!
Goes down at 7 with 7oz. Wakes at 11/midnight usually has another bottle, then again at 3/4am for another feed. She is often awake having a chat to herself at this point and nods off only until 6am.

So, is this normal? Or can I change it?? I was so lucky with other DD as she slept through from early days.
I can't leave her cry as it wakes up the house

TootsieBootsie Tue 30-May-17 04:06:37

Posted too soon!
And I could cope if it wasn't an early awake in the morning. I say 6 but she's often faffing around in her cot before that!

Can't get her to take a dummy and I just want may be a few hours uninterrupted sleep??

ScrunchyBook Tue 30-May-17 04:23:43

That sounds similar to mine at 5 months.
Bedtime feed at 7pm, we would get them up for a feed at 10.30pm, and they would wake at 3am for another feed. But they would go back down until about 6.30/7am ish.
About a month later they stopped waking up for 3am feed (they still wake up sometimes for a fuss - but don't need feeding).
It's exhausting yes, but what you describe​ sounds normal to me

Crispmonster1 Tue 30-May-17 04:25:48

I'm there with you. Can't remember when my others slept through. I'm tired!!!

FATEdestiny Tue 30-May-17 08:49:57

Do you have a method to get baby to slerp that isn't feeding?

I would make daytime feeds closer together so that you add in an extra one or two bottles in the daytime (say, feed every 2 hours). Then at that 3/4am wake try to shush or dummy suck back to sleep without feeding.

TootsieBootsie Tue 30-May-17 19:02:37

She's can be calmed with a rock or bounce around if I catch her before she's fussed herself awake and got herself into a state....but problem is that I sometimes don't hear the fussing as I'm asleep and it's too late! Then I just want her as quiet asap as to not wake up big sis...shes a very loud baby!!
I'll try the adding feeds in the daytime and see if that helps, thanks for the advice. I know I've just been spoilt with big sis who slept through very early on and has been a dream since!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now