Talk

Advanced search

Ten month old won't settle for anyone else

(3 Posts)
slothqueen Mon 29-May-17 21:36:22

I'm back at work in three weeks and my ten month old won't settle for anyone else at bedtime.
She is breastfed, I try not to feed to sleep and 99% of the time she goes in her cot drowsy and falls asleep there.
She does take bottles (if needed) but we've been trying to get my partner and mother in law to do bedtime and put her down and she screams the place down.
I am starting to get really worried as three days a week work means I will miss bedtime. What can I do?

GirlFromMars1 Tue 30-May-17 05:52:30

No advice I'm afraid but following with interest. My 10 month old baby won't go to sleep without me feeding her and is waking constantly throughout the night. Feel like i'm losing my mind. Tonight ive tried everything to get her to sleep after the most recent wake up including singing, rocking her, my husband taking her to other bedroom, giving her water. She is such a happy baby in the daytime and rarely cries at anything but at nighttime she becomes hysterical when she is refused the breast. Help!

NewMumSept2014 Tue 30-May-17 07:18:08

My DD did this until she was 2.5! First night I wasn't there at bedtime was when I was in hospital having DS! I was absolutely dreading it. All I can say is that for us, there seems to be different rules for when she knows I'm not there. If I'm at home she wants me to put her to bed but she was happy for DH to do it if she knows I'm not around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now