Talk

Advanced search

Before or after?

(5 Posts)
Jasquers Fri 26-May-17 19:25:29

My DS is 6 months today and sleeps in cot by my bed. Im thinking of moving him to his own room but we are going on holiday in 2 weeks so would it be better or worse to move him now or after the hol?

HerculesParrot Fri 26-May-17 19:31:39

Honestly I don't think it'll make a blind bit of difference. If you do it after then the holiday will give you an idea of how well he'll weather the transition. But I don't think that'll change according to whether you move him then go on holiday or do it the other way round.

FATEdestiny Fri 26-May-17 21:09:06

There's no benefit moving him into his own room until sleeping through, in my view.

If he is sleeping through, I'd be inclined to do it after the holiday just in case he starts waking again in the night when his routine changes.

Jasquers Fri 26-May-17 21:23:18

He is not sleeping all night. Wakes once, often twice. Part of me wonders whether he wakes because he knows Im near 😊......

MerlinEmrys Fri 26-May-17 21:26:18

I'd go for after the holiday if I were you especially if he's going to sleep in with you while you're away. Then move him upon return.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now