Talk

Advanced search

Night Light

(10 Posts)
Spam88 Thu 25-May-17 02:24:44

Could anyone recommend a decent night light that would be bright enough to do night feeds and nappy changes by?

We're finding lamps too bright and the 'pretty' night light we have doesn't give off enough light to be useful.

Thanks.

Nicky2468 Thu 25-May-17 02:35:26

I use my Philips wake up light alarm clock for this. There's 10 different strengths of light - I use 1 for feeding and it's just right. Maybe look into other brands though as it has some flaws i.e it has touch sensitive buttons which aren't easy to turn on in a dark room! Must be similar things out there.

FATEdestiny Thu 25-May-17 08:05:06

Our baby monitor had a light on it. I often did need to pull it closer to be for better light when needed, but it does.

Night time nappy changes are short lived anyway. You should only need change a pooy nappy and quite soon baby's body learns to pop in the daytime usually. So there is no great need to buy anything fancy, pretty soon you wont need a light on the night.

HerculesParrot Thu 25-May-17 18:16:27

We managed with the landing light on and door open. It wasn't brilliant for nappy changes but by the time I got it together to think about buying something she'd stopped pooping at night - it's perfect for a night feed.

Nottalotta Fri 26-May-17 22:04:47

I got a lindam one, it's able light and goes off when it gets light. It gives enough light for nappies, just. It is at the far side of ourlarge room though, and I can't have it in my eyeline as it's bright to look at.

peaceloveandbiscuits Fri 26-May-17 22:09:11

I used one of those sunlight alarm clocks (because DH had one, didn't buy it especially) because they have about 30 brightness settings.

JustMyLuckUnfortunately Fri 26-May-17 22:16:04

Recommend a dimmer switch! So useful in a nursery smile

riddles26 Sat 27-May-17 16:24:45

We got a cheap one from amazon that charges via USB and dims. We plan to use it as a nightlight in the nursery when she moves into it as it can be left really low all night (if necessary when she is older)

peaceloveandbiscuits Sat 27-May-17 18:03:59

Although pretty useless as a light to see BH, the Ikea LED creepy creature things are an excellent night light for an older baby/toddler because they can safely be left in the cot/bed all night without getting hot. We call ours an owl, but truthfully I have no idea what it's meant to be confused

peaceloveandbiscuits Sat 27-May-17 18:04:17

*to see by

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now