Talk

Advanced search

When did you move baby out of room

(8 Posts)
Lotsofqueries Wed 24-May-17 22:39:06

Currently sleeping in the spare room with baby because she's so noisy and my partner works long hours. Would loveeee to get back into my own bed but she's only 6 weeks old. When did you move your baby out of the room?

Mumchance Wed 24-May-17 22:40:36

About three weeks before he started reception.

ChickpeaFarmer Wed 24-May-17 22:41:37

9 months. We just got used to the noise. Plus they get less snuffly/grunty as they get older.

SIDS advice is in same room as you for 6 months.

TheMogget Wed 24-May-17 22:41:52

After 10 weeks as she didn't fit in her Moses basket any more and we didn't have space in our room for her cot. It's was fine and actually her sleep improved as a result.

TwatteryFlowers Wed 24-May-17 22:45:26

ds: 4 or so weeks - he grew too big for his Moses basket and our room wasn't big enough for a cut. I didn't feel comfortable co-sleeping.

dd: about 6 or 7 months iirc - she was smaller so stayed in the Moses basket longer. We'd also moved house by then so our room was bug enough for her cot. We moved her when her room was eventually decorated.

Both dc slept much better and more peacefully when they were in their own rooms and so did we.

Cheesenacho123 Wed 24-May-17 22:55:10

5 months, we'd just moved home and we were disturbing him a lot and he was in turn disturbing us very early hours. I was nervous at first and kept checking very few hours but I eventually settled down and just listened away to the baby monitor. He's been in his own room two months nearly now and he loves it as he's got a bigger bed (we could only fit the crib in our room and the cotbed in his) and can roll over and moved wherever he wants. Just do it when you feel ready. I'm not sure about doing it that early because of sids. I'd wait at least til 3/4 months. But that's just my preference

BotBotticelli Thu 25-May-17 08:15:02

Ds1: 5 weeks. He was so grunty I was lying awake in between his 2 hourly feeds and to be honest had some sort of mental breakdown due to sleep deprivation. Things immediately improved once I put him in his own room.

Ds2: 10 weeks. He was a quieter sleeper but an enormous baby who soon outgrew his Moses basket so we just put him in his cot next door.

SIDS guidance says to keep them in with you for 6 months but it's guidance, not the law. Look at the other risk factors for SIDs, minimise them, and do what feels right for your family.

Landy10 Thu 25-May-17 08:36:07

I have 6.5 month twins and we moved DD out at 5 months because of the disturbance her brother was causing. DS is still with me.
I too was worried and think it's natural no matter their age. I was actually much more worried about co-sleeping that I had been doing since 4 months with DS as I personally think that presents a much greater SIDS risk than baby being in their own room. Do what's right for you and your family as you will get answers on here from 1 week to years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now