Talk

Advanced search

Remind me what's normal..

(5 Posts)
Jojo13 Thu 18-May-17 05:46:08

DS is coming up to 11 weeks, feeding at 9pm, winded and settled usually by 10pm then sleeps til around 2am when he wakes for another feed. On a good night, winded and settled within an hour but EVERY DAY WITHOUT FAIL AT 4am he is making so much noise, grunting, windy etc. It's just continual until he properly wakes up at 5.30/6am for the day/more food. It's so noisey so effectively I'm awake at 4am every day with a two year old to look after as well. I'm exhausted by mid afternoon!
How do I / can I stop the 4am grunting?! I could deal with a 5.30am start but the hour and a half of noise beforehand is breaking me!!
When does all the noise stop?! When do they start sleeping for longer?! It's so much harder second time round... ARGH!!

FATEdestiny Thu 18-May-17 08:27:08

It's very obvious, but have you tried a feed and resettle at the 4am wake?

Also:
- regular daytime sleep. Awake time of 60-90 minutes
- frequent, big feeds to calorie load in the day
- avoid feeding to sleep
- aim for baby to go from awake to asleep in the cot. A dummy may help with this.

tatohead Thu 18-May-17 08:30:28

22 months winkconfused

Beyondtheshore Fri 19-May-17 12:22:44

Could you sleep with white noise on? Mine were very noisy sleepers, especially in the early hours (which is all to do with sleep cycles, I believe), and I used to whack the white noise up high (via iPod dock) so I would hear proper crying but not much else. Took a few nights to get used to but after that I started to weirdly rather like it!

They do grow out of it IME, and in another 3 months or so you'll be able to put him in his own room anyway, if you want to.

Landy10 Fri 19-May-17 12:49:47

My son who is now 6 months used to grunt without fail at 5am each and every morning from about 5-6 weeks to about 14/15 weeks. I actually took him to the doctors about it it was so loud and I worried about his breathing. Anyway after seeing an experienced paediatric GP (first GP totally useless) she said he had a floppy larynx and this was causing the grunting. He still makes noise breathing on his back but the early morning grunting stopped. The GP said it had something to do with the length of time he had been lying on his back totally still at night (well obviously he was up feeding etc before). Anyway my point is your baby will hopefully grow out of the noises soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now