Talk

Advanced search

Too big for basket

(8 Posts)
OuchBollocks Sat 29-Apr-17 09:54:54

What do you do for naps? DS is 8 weeks old and his head is nearly touching the top of the moses basket already. At night he sleeps in a bedside crib which is 90cm long, so that's fine, but I have a 2 year old ar home so I can't spend all day sitting upstairs with DS while he naps or getting him to sleep. I never had this problem with DD, she refused to sleep anywhere but my arms hmm

lilydaisyrose Sat 29-Apr-17 09:56:10

My baby sleeps in her bouncy chair

AndNowItIsSeven Sat 29-Apr-17 09:56:51

Travel cot with bassinet in lounge.

dementedpixie Sat 29-Apr-17 10:00:04

Carrt cot bit of the buggy and then a reclined pushchair when they got too big for it

FATEdestiny Sat 29-Apr-17 12:39:21

Bouncy chair mostly.

I've also at one time or another had the travel cot up in the corner of the lounge (also used for "time out" for toddler, rather than the step). Or just the floor, if you can zone off an area from he toddler.

Pushchair or pram (indoors) is useful too.

OuchBollocks Sat 29-Apr-17 15:03:11

Thanks everyone.

Bouncer is probably the best bet, living room isn't huge. Hopefully the weather will pick up and we can have lots of nice outdoor naps in the pram as well.

Bethan2 Sat 29-Apr-17 18:01:34

Hi there, we used to use a travel cot in the lounge or an electric rocker. We've now trained our 7mo to sleep in the cot for naps (so mummy can nick the lounge for a brew and some TV 😉) x

Bethan2 Sat 29-Apr-17 18:02:41

Forgot to add - he also naps well in the buggy and car, so if I am having a day at home, I always take him out once a day in the buggy so I can get some exercise x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now