Talk

Advanced search

3yr old acting the maggot at bedtime

(10 Posts)
Threeboysandus Fri 28-Apr-17 20:18:25

Our gorgeous just 3yr old has always been a great sleeper. Up until recently he would go to bed at 7pm and go straightasleep until 7am. The last 3 weeks he has been escaping once when we put him down but once i resettled him he was fine and went straight asleeo.

This week, however, he has just been really bad. He potters around room, sneaks out and plays in brothers room, pulls open curtains for a nosey outside...basically anything but sleep.

Any tips? Tonight i just sat outaide room and lifted him back in every time but it still took himuntil now to settle.

number1wang Fri 28-Apr-17 20:20:53

No tips sorry. Identical situation. Placemarking!

FATEdestiny Fri 28-Apr-17 22:24:09

Rapid return would be your best bet.

Keep repetitively returning to bed as quickly and fuss-free as possible.

lovecreameggs Sat 29-Apr-17 16:48:18

Blackout curtains, I have One from Amazon that velcros round the window frame = pitch black so if they want to wander round and play they actually just can't because it's too dark!

Cakescakescakes Sat 29-Apr-17 16:49:59

I was also going to say is it the lighter evenings? My two need black out blinds up April till September or they won't go to sleep while it's dark.

Cakescakescakes Sat 29-Apr-17 16:50:51

Or is he just getting a bit older and ready for a slightly later bedtime? My almost three years old does 7.30-7am?

NotInMyBackYard1 Sat 29-Apr-17 16:51:15

stair gate on the bedroom door?
blackout blind at window.

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Sat 29-Apr-17 17:01:55

Ds 2.6 had a gate cable tied shut as he can open it!! Sleeps 7-7. .

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Sat 29-Apr-17 17:02:28

Can't open it!!

anotherdayanothersquabble Sat 29-Apr-17 17:06:04

"Acting the maggot". Takes me back to my Irish roots!! Love that phrase.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now